The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 288 SR: 219)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Solingen SR
Graydog Synth
Sudsey Soapery Citrus & Bay soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Sudsey Soapery Citrus & Bay ASB

Another very nice today. I did skip the ASB. I may have had it heavy but it felt greasy most of the day yesterday.

Home front-
Wrapping up this conference today and should be home in time for a late dinner. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 288 SR: 220)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckel SR
Semogue boar
Nanny’s Silly Soap - Patchouli sample

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Avon Clint AS

The process-
A late morning shave and it was rather lackluster. I went random today and mixed everything up. The soap didn’t work well for me today, but I may not have put enough in the copper bowl. It was thin, but wet when shaving. Looking back, I needed more product.

Tried the new stop today and it worked well. I thought both strops were the same size, but the Tony Miller is wider. Just to satisfy my curiosity I will have to measure. Did 20 laps on cotton and 50 on leather. The cotton is stiff, but will break in over time. The leather is nice and subtle. Nice feel with maybe a light to medium draw. I will need to pay more attention next time. Less audible feedback than the SRD on this use. Went with a two pass shave of WTG and ATG. I have no drama to report. The lather wasn’t very stable, but I was pig headed and didn’t load more. Lather felt like it started drying, but adding water made it worse. Ened up with an SAS that I am not happy with. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain. Overall a disappointing shave, but I smell great!

Home front-
Back at home. Unfortunately it looks like I’ll be working from home today and tomorrow. That bites! Wife had a procedure on Tuesday that I was really stressing about. I was stuck at that conference and couldn’t get out of it. The procedure went well and she is home and seeing improvement. Life is good!

Sorry about the bad shave, but it's not the end of the world. Good to hear that your wife is recovering well.

Back