The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

"It's the wonder of nature baby!!!" as quoted to the sound track of Van Halen in the Twister movie.

Shave Count (DE: 283 SR: 206)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Astra SP (6)
Zenith Boar
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

The process-
TGIF ... am I right? Ok, so I am wrapping up the work week and finishing it off with the same gear. Really nice shaves this week that were quick, clean and consistent. Can't ask for anything more than that. The boar and GTB were on this week, man oh man. Ran 30 second load times and cranked out a ton of great smelling lather. I still can't believe this GTB isn't wiped out yet, but it's close. Tomorrow I'll be mixing the shaves up with random bits.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Same same and BBS for the win! Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A double glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! That's right ... so nice I had to hit it twice.

Home front-
Not much planned for the weekend, but something always pops up. Grrrrrr! 20-30% chances of rain all the way through next Thursday. Life is good ... but pass the floaties.

A double glug of the AS and everything was right as rain!
Double Glug for the Win!!!! A week of great shaves? I don't know if you play the powerball...but you might want to with that kind of luck! 20-30% chance ain't too bad. But I hope it's relatively dry for you!

Double Glug for the Win!!!! A week of great shaves? I don't know if you play the powerball...but you might want to with that kind of luck! 20-30% chance ain't too bad. But I hope it's relatively dry for you!

Thanks Don!

I’m not much of a lottery player. I think I played it twice. With the odds, it seems like a fools game :D

Shave Count (DE: 283 SR: 207)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Dovo SR
Vulfix Bagder
SC Vetiver and Vanilla cream

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Avon Oland AS

The process-
Late morning shave today and mixed up all the kit. The SC cream is one I have without a matching AS, so I use it with the Avon AS. The cream itself is nice, but I’m not much on the scent. To me it smells like my wife’s foundation makeup. Anyway, this one will be a one and done with no reorder. It does crank out a decent lather, so there is that.

50 laps on leather for the Dovo. This is the razor that bit me last time, so today was the rematch. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Wife poked her head in the bathroom when I was lathering for my last pass, to say we had company. “This is the pass that decides the fate of nations. Begone woman!” Her response was not very lady like. Anyway, nailed the rematch and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! The Oland is missus approved and I dig it too. These vintage aftershaves are nice, I’m glad I found them.

Home front-
Nothing much to report at the moment. Just chilling ... so stay tuned.

Back