The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

If it’s anything like the CLint hand soap, that’s powerful stuff!

Shave Count (DE: 280 SR: 206)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Astra SP (3)
Zenith Boar
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

The process-
Well ... back to the grind today and man 5:30a comes early. I know a lot of people may laugh at that, but I have never been a morning person. I know it's a short week having Monday off, but I thought I would put a few more days on the GTB (I can see the bottom ... really). If I pull the trigger on the Glastonbury, I will need to make a spot for it. So went with the Zenith this morning because the tips are really broken in and I'm still taking it easy for a few days with the scrubby brushes. I had also forgotten how well the GTB lathered, it just exploded this morning. Whipped up 30 seconds of awesomeness and it was shave time.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. I really don't know what to add to that, this razor just delivers. What am I talking about? For me, most if not all of, the vintage razors deliver. Just a nice relaxing, easy peasy shave and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Went with a healthy glug of the AS this morning and everything was right as rain! That's it right there ... let's kick this pig! Life is good.

Well ... back to the grind today and man 5:30a comes early.
Ain't that the truth. I was going to bed just thinking how much I didn't want to go to work. Not that this week is crazy or anything, but just tired of going to work.

I know it's a short week having Monday off, but I thought I would put a few more days on the GTB (I can see the bottom ... really). If I pull the trigger on the Glastonbury, I will need to make a spot for it.
Just pictured your bathroom with those outlines painted on the wall where each thing goes like a garage. And there's like 3 spots for soap tubs. Can't you just buy it put it in a drawer? Nope, it goes over there. What about this shelf? Nope, it goes over there.

Just pictured your bathroom with those outlines painted on the wall where each thing goes like a garage. And there's like 3 spots for soap tubs. Can't you just buy it put it in a drawer? Nope, it goes over there. What about this shelf? Nope, it goes over there.

Uh ... I thought everyone did that.

Shave Count (DE: 281 SR: 206)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Astra SP (4)
Zenith Boar
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

The process-
Hump Day! Well that was quick, half way through the week already. Was a tad rushed this morning, but that wasn't an issue with the gear I had. Not sure if I will finish the GTB this week, the last bit seems to go slow. What am I saying, this whole tub has gone pretty slow for me. On the flip side, the soap lasts longer so it's a cost saving right? This boar brush has really started to splay and it is very comfortable. It can just about give the badger a run for it's money and I would imagine that it will at some point. Stayed with the same 30 second load time and cranked out a really nice, great smelling lather.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Motored right along and I am BBS for the win! Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Man that's good stuff! A great scent to cruise through the week with. Time to strap on the six gun and hit the streets.

Home front-
Well, I pulled the trigger on the Glastonbury soap and AS. That blew my VADER right out of the water. I also included a sample of Executive Man to try. Man, I can't wait for them to get here. In preparation, I painted a new silhouette on the wall for the tub. I then sprayed some of the wife's fu-fu juice in the bathroom to cover the paint odor. Shhhhhhhhh! Other than that, just minor odds and ends this week, nothing much else to report. Life is good.

Shave Count (DE: 282 SR: 206)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Astra SP (5)
Zenith Boar
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

The process-
Happy Thursday to ya! We are on the downhill side of the week and it sounded like a good day for GTB. It has been a consistent shave week so far and I have really enjoyed this Zenith boar. It has broken in really well and it is comfortable. I was surprised that it has broken in a lot faster than the Omega. Not that there is anything wrong with that. The GTB once again delivers a great smelling lather and it builds with little effort on my part. Stayed with my typical 30 second load time and then got down to business.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Same consistent shave all week and I am BBS for the win! That nick from earlier is healing up pretty good, so I think I'll be back on the straights this weekend. A week off should be plenty. Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Went with a glug of the AS today and everything was right as rain! Nothing left to say on that ...

Home front-
Speaking of rain, we got hammered yesterday. In addition to the rain, several tornadoes spun up all around us, but luckily there were no casualties. That storm headed up towards Arkansas and beyond, so you guys be careful out there. Dog was back at the vet yesterday with hives. My goodness she is a mess, but hopefully we have it sorted now. Other than that, just waiting on the weekend and mail calls. Life is good.

Seeing all those storms on TV. Those tornadoes ain't no joke. People keep ragging on California and who would live where there's a threat of earthquakes. I dunno, we haven't had one that cause damage or loss of life for some time, but we keep seeing this stuff every year. If I lived in the mid-west, I think I'd have every weather tracking app and radio I could get my hands on and be obsessed with knowing where the storms are.

Seeing all those storms on TV. Those tornadoes ain't no joke. People keep ragging on California and who would live where there's a threat of earthquakes. I dunno, we haven't had one that cause damage or loss of life for some time, but we keep seeing this stuff every year. If I lived in the mid-west, I think I'd have every weather tracking app and radio I could get my hands on and be obsessed with knowing where the storms are.
You get used to it no matter where you live Florida=hurricanes, South/Midwest=Tornadoes,
California=Earthquakes, Fires, Smog
No matter where you live there are things to live with

Incredible forces of nature they are. I think it was the movie Twister where they called the EF5 the finger of God.

One of the ones that spun up here last night they were calling a multi-vortex. When I was younger, I tried to talk the missus into being a storm chaser (that was before the show and the Twister movie). She wanted no part of it.

Back