The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 276 SR: 199)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
J Allen SR
Omega boar
Gaelic Tweed soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Gaelic Tweed AS

The process -
The toddler decided I should wrap up the week on a positive note and woke me up 30 minutes earlier than normal. That gave me plenty of time to work some SR magic. Ran my brush wetter this morning, full on wet with a slight shake to remove excess. Hit the soap lightly for 30 seconds and got to it. I cranked out a ton of sloppy wet goodness and did it smell great!

50 laps on leather and it was go time. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Had an outstanding shave, just hanging in the moment. That silky smooth edge made quick work of any stubble and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Really took my time on that shave and it was worth every minute. Still had plenty of time to sit outside for about 10 minutes and enjoy my coffee before darting into the rat race. In spite of waking up 30 minutes early, it was worth it. Would I make it a habit? Nope. But it was worth it today.

Home front-
Friday is here! The toddler will be going home tonight, so the dogs should be happy. This week has really thrown their schedules and environment for a loop. Date night tonight should be dinner and a small town rodeo ... good stuff. I have the other Torrey that should be put on the stones this weekend and who knows what else. I don’t think we have much, if anything, planned for this weekend. Just another Carpe diem weekend ... I really dig those. My dad is having surgery on Monday so if you would, please put him on your prayer lists. I think that’s all I have for you at the moment. Life is good!

A lot of really positive things going on in your life! I hope that translates into great vibes for your Dad's surgery! I will make sure I say a prayer or two!

Shave Count (DE: 276 SR: 200)

Yesterday-
Pre Shave-
Hot shower and splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR (#1)
DSC Badger
Krokos soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash

Today-
Shave Count (DE: 277 SR: 200)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette New
Astra SP (6)
Zenith Boar
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GRB AS

The process -
Two updates in one. Saturday I wrapped up the day with a shave. Wanted a light scent for bedtime and went with the Krokos. Went with a 20 second load and that badger cranked out a ton of lather. Enough for 3 passes and a post shave lather. I probably had enough for 2 complete shaves. Today GTB was on deck and it didn’t disappoint. That Zenith is broke in well and whipped up a really nice lather.

The Torrey I used last night I have had for awhile. I didn’t think I would get all the cancer out of it, so I bought another. Anyway, got the cancer out and honed it up yesterday. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. My hone job sucked and so did the shave. I think I didn’t get the bevel set right. So back to the stones for this one. Third pass was with a DE to salvage the shave. The DE ATG pulled out the BBS for the win. Today was 3 pass BBS for the win!

Last night was no AS, just a rinse and towel dry. Today, wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Clean shaven and smelling great! Great way to start the day.

Home front-
So ... today we are toddler free. Things should start getting back to normal. I think the dogs are relieved too. Wicked storm line rolled through last night and spun up a tornado in the next town over. About 10 miles away. No casualties, so that’s good. Honey do’s and what-nots today to wind down the weekend. Life is good!

Back