The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 275 SR: 197)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR
Omega boar
Gaelic Tweed soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Gaelic Tweed AS

The process -
It's Torrey Tuesday, so that razor is on deck today. Speaking of razors, this morning I figured out my irritation issue from yesterday. It was not irritation, I managed a really nice cut on the underside of my jawline. It just didn't bleed, so I didn't see it until today while shaving. Anyway ... I kept all the other kit the same just to put some shaves back on this brush. It's not as soft as the Omega 48, but it will crank out some lather. After all the shaves that are on this one, I can't believe the amount of backbone and minimal splay that it still has. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just holding up really well. So went with a 30 second load today. Was face lathering and dropped the brush into the half full sink. Snatched it back up and it just exploded with lather and didn't miss a beat. So ... this soap will hold a bit of water.

50 laps on the leather strop and I was ready to rock and roll. Went with only a two pass shave of WTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. I was rushed for time, but determined to get in an SR shave and not fall back on the DE. The shave was nice, but I don't have the mad skills yet for a 2 pass BBS. So I walked away DFS for the win! I'll take it.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! I know I've mentioned it, but I really dig this scent. And this juice works really well for me. I can catch whiffs all day long. As a bonus, the missus really likes it also. Once again a very nice way to start the day.

Home front-
Ended up the youngest granddaughter last night. Looks like we are baby sitting for the week, so that will probably be what occupies most of our time. I think that's all I've got for now. Sniff sniff ... yup, I still smell amazing. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 275 SR: 198)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
J Allen SR
Omega boar
Gaelic Tweed soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Gaelic Tweed AS

The process -
It's Hump Day! Back to the J Allen, but other than that still rocking the same gear for the week. Man I am really digging this scent. It has been crazy busy at work so far and when I get home, there is the toddler duty to help with. So, this morning, I tried something a bit different. I wanted to really, really focus on my shave and push my time constraint a little farther back in my mind. Went with a 30 second load today and whipped up a really nice lather. Some scrubbing strokes, some paining strokes ... man it was all good.

50 laps on the leather strop and it was go time. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. No drama at all ... zip, zero, nada. This razor is an odd duck. It will not pass a hair test for me, but is super smooth and gets the job done. Not sure why that is, but who am I to argue. It works great! That was an outstanding, very relaxing shave and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Man, that was just what I needed and ... OH CRAP! I'M LATE! Totally worth it, not sorry. The soap/AS combo works really well for my skin too, which is an added bonus. I am starting the day once again smelling great and ready for anything.

Home front-
As I mentioned, crazy busy at work again this week. But from what I understand, that is the new normal. I also get to put together a baby bed when I get home today, so that should be fun. Have a few razors that I wanted to play with on the stones, but that can wait until this weekend. Life is good!

That Gaelic Tweed Soap and AS is a really good smelling scent! And yes...I have had those "I'm Late" moments too. Probably more than I should have!

Here's the trick guys. Vary when you get to work every day, then people won't know really when to expect you. Except Kyle. Keep the lights on buddy.

Shave Count (DE: 276 SR: 198)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette New
Astra SP (4)
Omega boar
Gaelic Tweed soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Gaelic Tweed AS

The process -
A bit of a quick update today. So ... I was running a bit behind today and didn't want to stumble into the @GearNoir zone. Grabbed the DE for the quick shave. Stayed with the 30 second load and cranked out a really nice lather. It was a faster shave than normal, but very enjoyable.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Easy peasy shave and I am BBS for the win! I'll take those any day of the week. That's 4 shaves with this blade on this new razor and it's a nice addition to the rotation. Although I still want to do a bit of cleanup and possibly seal it.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A double shot of the AS and everything was right as rain! Ah great stuff right there. Can't help but be ready to tackle the day with a shave like that.

Home front-
One more sleep and a wake and this work week will be done. The granddaughter will be going home tomorrow night was well. I know the dogs will be excited. The granddaughter is 8 months old and can't walk on her own yet, but put her in a walker and it's on. She is like the psycho clown ice cream truck chasing the dogs around the house. She is having a good time and the dogs are running for their lives. I think that's all for now. Life is good!

Funny, hope you got some pics of the dog chase for the ole memories bank!

Back