The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 273 SR: 192)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR
Vulfix badger
Baker Street soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Baker Street AS

The process -
Changed the razor out today, but kept the other gear. I really need to take a pic from a different angle to show the spine work on this razor. That and clean some patina off. Anyway went with the standard load of 20 seconds and whipped up another nice lather that smelled great.

20 laps on nylon and 50 on leather for this razor. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Last time I used this razor I had a hard landing, but avoided that today. Had a great shave, but missed a touch by my Adam’s apple. So we’ll call that a DFS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Nice ... very nice! Very enjoyable shave and I smell great! Starting the day off right.

Home front-
Took the day off today. Have to run a dog to the vet and mow before the rain comes. Not a fun way to spend the day. But it is what it is. Have a Great Day! Life is good!

So all the choirs got done. So I thought I would browse the antique mall for a bit. Found some new Avon decanters and a couple of new scuttles.

Last time I was there, there was a sweet old lady that had a few beat up shaving bits. She also had a old Williams for $6. I didn’t buy it. So I found her again today and decided I was going to buy it to see what the fuss is about. She was struggling to carry in a large tote box, so I carried it for her. Once at the booth, I asked to see the soap. I looked it over and opened the box. It had 1/2 bar of Ivory soap in it. I told her that someone swapped the soap. She said she did for the box to hold it’s shape.

WTF?! Shifty old bag. I wanted to punch her in the face ... I mean ... I didn’t buy it.

Oh man, what a bummer! I learned my lesson a while ago about not buying something then and there at an antique/flea market store. I once was at a place where they had one of the milk glass mugs with the Williams shaving logo - I was in kind of a hurry, and thought that I'd come back later to get it - well, needless to say, it was gone when I returned.

Oh man, what a bummer! I learned my lesson a while ago about not buying something then and there at an antique/flea market store. I once was at a place where they had one of the milk glass mugs with the Williams shaving logo - I was in kind of a hurry, and thought that I'd come back later to get it - well, needless to say, it was gone when I returned.

That is a bummer too.

Shave Count (DE: 274 SR: 192)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette New
Astra SP (2)
Vulfix badger
Baker Street soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Baker Street AS

Just a quick entry today. I overslept a bit, but had a really nice shave.

Home front-
Almost forgot. We had 4” of rain overnight/today. Goodness.

Shave Count (DE: 274 SR: 193)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckels SR
Vulfix badger
Baker Street soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Baker Street AS

The process -
TGITHMF! And thankfully had time today to squeeze in a SR shave. Kept the same kit to wind down the work week also. I stayed with the standard load of 20 seconds and whipped up another nice lather. I'm still digging this scent too.

20 laps on nylon and another 50 on leather for this razor. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Outstanding shave this morning, no muss no fuss and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Very nice shave today and it ticked all the boxes. Not sure what else there is to say but it was a good week, regardless of hardware. I may sit this soap/AS combo aside and start the weekend early tomorrow with something different, we'll see.

Home front-
Not much has changed the last few days on the home front. And staying true to form, I don't know of any plans that we have for the weekend. Besides, it's supposed to rain Friday and Saturday. When I took off on Tuesday, I had a chance to hit up an antique mall. I don't know why, but I picked up another scuttle. I think it was just because it was from England. At any rate, below is a pic. That also maxed out my VADER spending for the year, so I am done shopping. Have a Great Day! Life is good!

Back