The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Send some rain over here!
Aren’t trees free outside?

I thought I heard you guys were talking about taxing rainfall. You won’t want it then.

The only time these cats are in an outside tree is if they go in the back yard. The dogs will run them up a tree.

Shave Count (DE: 272 SR: 189)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (6)
Omega 48 boar
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

The process -
Woohoo ... TGIF! Wrapping up the work week, so let's start the day with a good shave. Went back to the setup that I had started the week with, before the AS testing. I can't believed I have rocked the DE all week long. I'll have to change that this weekend. Hit the GTB for 15 seconds with a wet brush. Once again it whipped up a ton of great smelling lather. I had enough lather for all my shave passes and a post shave lather.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have not drama to report. I am still using the same blade, so I'm not sure how I scored the irritation anomaly yesterday. Anyway. I had a fantastic, easy peasy shave and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and ... everything was right as rain! I know you guys have been missing that. Man the difference in the two aftershaves seems rather large today. I had a great post-shave feel and I smelled great. No worries of this scent trailing off in the next little bit. Look out world, here I come.

Home front -
The cat tree was put together last night and appears to be working. When I left this morning the problem cat, that has been sleeping on my wife's convertible, was sleeping on one of the beds in the tree. I hope that continues to work. Checked the status of my Avon soap and after 4 days at Chicago USPS, it finally made it out of the state and should be here tomorrow. That is the second package that I have had come through there that has taken 4-5 days to pass through. What the .... I'll just leave that right there. Nothing planned for the weekend yet except working on the shave shelf. Hopefully I can finally get that done. It's not really a lot of work, it's just finding the time. I may also end up bringing some work home, we'll see how the day goes. I think that's all I have at the moment, Have a Great Day! Life is good!

My wife has been watching the show My Cat from Hell, cat trees have been the solution many times.

Shave mail. The Clint soap came in today. I let the missus check it out and she wants the bowl. She told me to find something else to put the puck in. Then she saw the way the puck was molded and told me I couldn’t use it.

She relented and I can use the soap now. Don’t know how old this stuff is, but it smells great. Still has a stronk scent on the puck. I know what I’m shaving with tomorrow.

Back