The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 266 SR: 189)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR
Graydog synth
Tabac soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Tabac AS

The process -
Not so great late morning shave. Haven’t used Tabac in a while, so I mixed up a few bits and got to it. Went with a 15 second load and whipped up a really nice lather.

50 laps on leather. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG, ATG and have minimal drama to report. No fluid loss, thankfully but I have irritation on the jaw line, on one side. I also had a hard landing on my cheek on the other side. I am BBS for the win, but at a cost. I’ve used this razor a few times and I’m convinced the blade is warped. I’ll pull it out of rotation and see what I can do with that.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A slap of the AS and everything was right as rain! That was a good choice with the Tabac.

Home front -
Should be in the 80’s today. The wife picked up her sister’s dogs at the vet today. While she was there, some punk kids broke the antenna of her car. What really sucks is that it broke off the top of the signal booster. That won’t be cheap. Anyway other things to work on around the house. I’ll have to order her parts a bit later. Have a great day everyone! Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 267 SR: 189)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (1)
Omega 48 boar
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

The process -
Outstanding late morning shave. Thought I would bang on the GTB a bit more today. Not sure yet but I may just use it til it’s gone. We’ll see. Mixed up all the kit today as well. Went with a 15 second load and whipped up a really nice lather that smelled great..

No laps today, I went for the easy shave. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG, ATG and have no drama to report. Easy peasy mid-century modern shave. Very nice indeed. And I am also BBS for the win.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Mmmm outstanding shave.

Home front -
Should hit 80 today. Had a change in plans today. Helped my stepson repair the A/C in my eldest granddaughters car. Got home to discover that we are babysitting the youngest granddaughter also. Oh well, best laid plans and all that. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 268 SR: 189)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (2)
Omega 48 boar
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

The process -
Ahh, back to the grind today. I had the same shave setup on the bathroom counter this morning, so I'll run with it. Once again it delivered an outstanding shave. Went with a 20 second load (just because I can) and whipped up a ton of great smelling lather. Dipped the tip of the brush in water between passes and also rinsed between passes. The lather just kept building and building.

No laps again today. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG, ATG and have no drama to report. I am also BBS for the win! I just don't know what to add to that. It was just an awesome, relaxing shave.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! You know it! Great shave and I am ready to tackle any obstacle, look out world.

Home front -
So ... our weekends are usually dynamic, just because they are. Didn't get a chance to mow, so may try to squeeze that in tonight. I also have my shave shelf in pieces on my work bench for a remodel. It's subtle changes that are more geared towards long time. For some reason I got it in my head that I wanted to try a 3 day fast. I don't know why, I just did. Last meal was dinner last night. So, we'll see if I can make it through the day without passing out from hunger. I think that's all for now. Life is good!

Back