The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 257 SR: 167)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Torrey SR
Graydog Synth
Stirring Baker Street

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Stirring Baker Street AS

Oh man, I had to get up early and go to work, so ... early morning shave. Kept most of my gear today, but I did switch out the brush. The Baker Street is nice, so I will run with it the entire work week. I kept my typical 30 second soap load and had a good lather whipped up. This synth holds a bit more water than my other brushes, but the soap didn't break down.

Stropped the razor 50 laps on the leather and go time. Went with my normal shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Nice shave this morning with no irritation. The blade has smoothed out since it has been stropped a couple of times and I walked away with a BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! That's right a glug. Decided I would up my game a tad and ramp up my awesome factor just a bit. Lots of catch-up work today. Not sure why my work doesn't get done while I'm gone. And to make matters worse, people add even more while I am out. Anyway, I should be able to dig out before the weekend. That's it for the moment. Life is good!

A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! That's right a glug. Decided I would up my game a tad and ramp up my awesome factor just a bit.

A glug will definitely up your game! Hope you showed yesterday who was boss!

And what is this? You actually think people are going to do as much as you or as well as you when you are away from work? What kind of dream world do you live in! 🤪 In all seriousness though...it does get frustrating!

Shave Count (DE: 257 SR: 168)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Torrey SR
DSC Badger
Stirring Baker Street

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Stirring Baker Street AS

Still working the Baker Street for the week and really enjoying it. I did switch back to the DSC for this shave ... well ... just because. I kept my typical 30 second soap load and had a great smelling lather whipped up. I have plenty of lather for all my passes and extra to lather up again and let it sit while I clean everything up. I may try a lesser load time tomorrow and see how it does.

Stropped the razor 50 laps on the leather. Went with my normal shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Nice shave this morning with no irritation. This razor shaves good, but just not as good as the Henckel. After it dulls, I may do a bit more work cleaning the blade. Then hitting the hone again to see if that changes anything. Nice shave though and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Still plugging along at work. The system upgrade that I worked on last Friday night and Saturday was a success. It was also a large stress relief to have that wrapped up. Now moving onto other projects. Good times and I smell great. I am off on Friday, so this is a really short week to catch up and start new projects as well. Oh well ... it's how we roll. Told the missus about the antique store I found last weekend and we may go check it out this weekend. I still have another half of that store to check out. And then go back over the original half to see if anything new showed up. Maybe there will be more razors this time around. I missed that psycho on the bay I was watching, so I am still on the prowl. I know there is one more on the bay, but it's a bit pricey for me. I think that's all I have at the moment. Life is good!

A glug will definitely up your game! Hope you showed yesterday who was boss!

And what is this? You actually think people are going to do as much as you or as well as you when you are away from work? What kind of dream world do you live in! 🤪 In all seriousness though...it does get frustrating!

I guess the rat race gives us something to do.

FIFY

Is that a new hip So Cal way of talking ?? I can't keep up......
In NorCal, it’s a twist on words for saying “No worries on the Psych razor, I’m a psych ward patient, I’ll get one for free”...but since a guy’s got to explain it, joke dead. :rolleyes: :p

In NorCal, it’s a twist on words for saying “No worries on the Psych razor, I’m a psych ward patient, I’ll get one for free”...but since a guy’s got to explain it, joke dead. :rolleyes: :p
Check your grammar "a I'm patient" ?I think you got the "a" in the wrong spot :p Don't make me get KJ to explain it to you !!

Back