The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Man...some of you guys have better access to antiques than the ‘bay!

May have to pay one of you to find me some Deep Woods, Spicy, and Leather eventually!

First time I’ve ever found anything like that. I stopped at one place and they didn’t have anything. She said I was the second person today to come in looking for that kind of stuff. She said she had barber supplies coming in and would give me a call. She told me about the second place that had the other stuff. It was scattered among different dealers so you had to wonder around. I didn’t get to cover half the place and they closed. I am going back to that one.

Be happy to for you buddy but for now there's a pif that could land you some if you read thru it..........
Lol I read it. But that seemed like a cop out on my end. The PIF was for Wild Country and I’d already declined, it wouldn’t feel kosher to renig. You were generous to sweeten the deal though for those entered or yet to enter. :)

Shave Count (DE: 257 SR: 165)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Torrey SR
DSC Badger
AA Bay Rum

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
AA Bay Rum AS

Very nice shave today and Bay Rum sounded good. It has been awhile since I have used it. Typical 30 second soap load and had a great smelling lather going. I got a rematch with this razor.

Hit the razor with 20 laps on nylon and 50 on the leather strop and it was go time. Went with my normal shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. That did the trick. A much better shave and I scored a BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Slapped on a glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Arg! Have a few things to wrap up before the work week starts. Especially since I goofed off at the antique store yesterday. Have a great day everyone! Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 257 SR: 166)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Torrey SR
DSC Badger
Stirring Baker Street

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Stirring Baker Street AS

Had the day off today burn my last vaca day from last year. Hrabbed the Baker Street and will probably run with it all week. Typical 30 second soap load and had a nice lather going that smelled great.

Hit the razor with 50 laps on the leather strop and got down to business. Went with my normal shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I scored a BBS for the win, but have a hint of irritation in one spot. Not sure what’s up with that.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Just a few loose ends to wrap up from the weekend and I’m good. Life is good!

Back