The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 258 SR: 169)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Torrey SR
Zenith boar
SilverFox soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Nivia ASB

Had the day off and went with my late morning shave. Mixed the razor and soaps up today also. I again went my typical 30 second soap load and had a nice lather going on. Had plenty for a three pass shave and post shave lather. I guess I may have to try and make some of this stuff.

50 laps on the leather and it was shave time. Went with my normal shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I don’t know about this razor yet. Due to the grind it is loud and that’s cool. That part is ok and it is sharp. I’m just not smitten with it. Maybe it will grow on me after a bit more work. On a positive note, I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A dab of the ASB and everything was right as rain! Working on honey-dos today, at a casual pace. Also knocked out a few errands so I’m ahead of the game. Life is good!

Great shave, Tim. I've got a couple Torrey's and have always enjoyed them. The first one I picked up is a serious noisemaker as well.

Shave Count (DE: 259 SR: 169)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Goodwill
Astra SP (1)
Vulfixx badger
CFG Sherlock

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
CFG Sherlock AS

Nice late morning shave today. My DEs haven’t seen much action lately ... so the Goodwill was on deck. I also haven’t used the Sherlock much, so I grabbed that too. The Vulfix may have finally got its act together, no shedding this shave. Went with my normal 30 second load and whipped up a really nice lather.

Went with my normal shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. These Tech razors do shave well. What I find interesting is that after using straights, there is no blade feel with these DE razors. You might get some audible feedback but that’s about it. No complaints though. It’s an easy peasy BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Nasty day outside today. It’s cold, wet and 19mph winds .... yuck! So I’ll have to find something to do indoors today. Oh ... and yes, I did load a blade after the pic. Life is good!

Ahhh, Sherlock. I know GTB gets more love in general, but I don't think I could pick a favorite between the two of them. The weather here is cold and rainy all day. It is the perfect weather for that soap, with maybe a follow up splash of GFT Eucris.

love the Shot, and I know I will be shot for this but Santa Paula is my fave from CFG.. well and the Zoologist soaps

Back