The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 258 SR: 168)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Astra SP (5)
Zenith boar
Stirring Baker Street

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Stirring Baker Street AS

My theme for the day is tardy. I stared out by hitting snooze one too many times and rounded it out by posting late today. Anyway ... TGITHMY (Thank goodness it's Thursday, my Friday. Since I started by over sleeping a bit, I grabbed the DE for a quicker shave. Went ahead and grabbed a boar also to try it with this soap. This soap has done great this week and the scent has really opened up with everyday usage. I again went my typical 30 second soap load and cranked out a nice lather. I still had plenty of lather for all my passes and a post shave lather. However, I didn't have as much lather left over as with the badger, but it was enough.

No stropping today and I went right to the shave. Went with my normal shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. The DEs are a nice everyday razor or goto razor. With that said, all of the ones I have kept deliver great shaves. Outstanding shave this morning with no blade feel and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A double glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Yes indeed ... I smell great! Wrapping up loose ends at work today and then it's the weekend. The weekend should be dynamic, but I know of a few things I need to do. We are working on some small container gardening with large flower pots. I have got to hit that antique mall again too. I know there was a few errands, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. So I guess those will be a surprise when I remember. I think that's all I have for now. Hope everyone has a great day. Life is good!

Back