The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 257 SR: 156)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Boker SR
GrayDog synth
Stirling Baker Street

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Stirling Baker Street AS

Went ahead and stayed random this morning for the late shave. Grabbed the synth, which I haven’t used in awhile. Loaded for 30 seconds and whipped up a really nice lather. Man, this stuff smells great. I had a crazy lather mess and it was awesome.

Kept the Boker and gave it 50 laps on leather. I went with my normal shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. That was a really nice shave and I walked away with a BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A double shot of the AS and everything was right as rain. Had dinner and a movie last night with the missus ... good stuff right there. Today just a few errands and honey-do’s. Also a bit of auto work may be on deck. An easy but busy day and I smell great! Look out world, here I come. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 257 SR: 157)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Boker SR
Zenith boar
Sudsey Soapery Citrus & Bay

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
SS Citrus & Bay ASB

Another late morning shave and it was good. Loaded for 30 seconds and whipped up a really nice lather. Thought I would try more painting strokes today after watching a Michael Freeburg video. It worked well.

Used the Boker and gave it 50 laps on leather. I went with my normal shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Scored a BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A smear of the ASB and everything was right as rain? Not sure yet. The balm doesn’t dry as quickly as a splash, so I’m waiting for it to absorb. Nice scent, the balm is not sweet, it smells of orange rind. Should be a causal day, just taking things as the come. Life is good

Shave Count (DE: 257 SR: 158)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Dovo SR
DSC Badger
WSP Gaelic Tweed

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
WSP Gaelic Tweed AS

Happy Sunday and St Patty’s Day! Started the day with Gaelic Tweed and it didn’t disappoint. Loaded for 30 seconds and whipped up a great smelling lather. Had a ton of it and flung it around like a mad painter.

I had pulled my other razors to freshen them up and only had the Dovo on deck. Gave it 50 laps on leather and it was go time. I went with my normal shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Very nice shave friends and neighbors and I am BBS for the win! I wasn’t sure, but I thought I picked up a small nick when shaving, but no fluids.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A double shot of the ASB and everything was right as rain! Indeed it was. The AS did light me up, where that nick is. But it faded quickly. Yard work, honey-dos and razor work in deck today. No worries, the sun is shining and I smell awesome! Life is good

Shave Count (DE: 257 SR: 158)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
J Allen SR
Omega Pro boar
Ghost Town Barber (52)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

Still burning vaca from last year before it expires. So another day off and a late morning shave. I haven’t used this soap in awhile so I thought I would give it another go. I think I may hit the bottom of this tub soon. Loaded the boar for 30 seconds and whipped up a really nice lather.

Most of the razors are back on deck, so I gave the J Allen a test drive. Gave it 20 laps on the nylon strop and 50 laps on leather. I went with my normal shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Outstanding shave to start the day and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Have a bit of prep work to get ready for work tomorrow. Also a few random things to do today. I will probably sand on this Torrey a bit more today also. Life is good

Back