The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

SilverFox Open Source Recipe

Talk about a blast from the past! I might have some Silver Fox soap left. Before I started buying up artisan soaps, I would swear that Silver Fox soap was the best out there. Did you make a bath or did you acquire this? Either way it is some good stuff!

Talk about a blast from the past! I might have some Silver Fox soap left. Before I started buying up artisan soaps, I would swear that Silver Fox soap was the best out there. Did you make a bath or did you acquire this? Either way it is some good stuff!

Don’t forget I’m fairly new, so I still have lots of products to try. Oh ... I received this as a PIF. The guy wanted feedback in exchange for samples.

Shave Count (DE: 256 SR: 150)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Astra SP blade
Vulfix Badger
SilverFox Open Source Recipe

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Nivia ASB

So ... I decided to wrap up the week by oversleeping. Had to grab a quick shave, so I went with the DE. Hit this soap for 30 seconds with the Vulfix and was ready for business. As usual, this brush decided to shed. I think it does that every shave. Hand made, Isle of Man ... blah, blah, blah. My mass produced Chinese Badger doesn't shed ... but anyway. At first, 30 seconds seemed like too long of a load time, the soap looked kinda like paste on the brush. Threw some water at it and started lathering. That's when it woke up. Great lather and it smelled good. I need to find the scent notes again and post those.

I with with my normal shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. It was a great shave and I walked away with a BBS for the win! That lather did really well the more water I threw at it.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A bit of the ASB and everything was right as rain. I think that's it for now, just a quick update. Today is my early day, so I get to leave a bit early. Not much planned for the weekend yet, but ya never know. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 256 SR: 151)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
J Allen & Son SR
DSC Badger
Nanny’s Silly Soap - Patchouli

Post Shave-
Warm water splash

Late morning shave today and it was very nice. I used a sample sent to me by @cmh737. It had a nice scent in the container, so I pulled some out and loaded the Turkish bowl. To my nose, the scent faded when lathered and I completely lost it while shaving. But that could be my poor sniffer. It did build a really nice lather.

I freshened up my edge with 50 laps on balsa and 50 laps on leather. Then went with my normal shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I did get a small nick on the Adams Apple, but didn’t realize it until I saw the blood. It wasn’t bad and closed up quickly. This shave didn’t have much residual slickness, but maybe that was something I did. At ant rate, it was a good shave and I walked away BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. I stopped there and didn’t do an AS because I wanted to check out the post shave feel. It does do a good job with the post shave also. Looking back, I think my sniffer is off today. Asked the wife if she could smell it, she could and she liked it. That’s all I have for today. Ah ... the simple pleasures of life. Life is good!

Nice shave Tim! Sometimes I have the same issue with the sniffer. I’m always made aware of it when my wife asks if I used an entire bottle of aftershave haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back