The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 254 SR: 141)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Henckel SR
Omega Pro 48
Ghost Town Barber soap (3017 - Day 46)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

A couple of quick updates. Used the Omega boar last night and the DSC badger this morning. Running my brushes a bit wetter and they both cranked out a really nice lather. Easily enough for 3+ passes. I think I’m getting close to the bottom and my be there in a few weeks.

Went with my standard three pass shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. But I missed some on my chin and around the Adams Apple with both shaves. So back to back DFS for the win. Not sure if my angle was off or blade is fading. I’m gonna go with my angle was off.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a light towel dry. A double shot of the AS and everything was right as rain! Several errands to run today, including taking the dog to the vet. Sitting in Dallas now waiting on my granddaughters softball game to start. Have a great day! Life is good!

1f602.png
I've been trying to top it off when doing the soap but not always

Shave Count (DE: 254 SR: 142)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Dovo SR
Omega Pro 48
Ghost Town Barber soap (3017 - Day 47)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

Great shave this morning with the Dovo and the Omega. Luckily I had a few minutes to spare and was able to shave with an SR. I think I'm getting closer to opening up a hole in this soap. The center is significantly lighter than the rest of the tub. Hit the soap for 30 seconds and cranked up a nice lather. I find this soap does have good slickness and you can feel it when trying to stretch skin. I may need to try the alum on the fingers trick to get some grip. Not sure when I will buy any alum, so I'll probably just keep doing what I am doing and press on for now. But at least I know that option is there.

Hit the leather for 50 laps and was ready to go. Went with my standard three pass shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. This razor has the Method edge on it and is noticeably sharper than the Henckel. To keep these edges smoother, you simply just drop your angle a bit more and all is well. That's what I did and walked away to a BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a light towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! I have a goatee and in the past did not lather it. But something I have been trying the last few weeks is to lather my whole face. I thought I would try it and see if the skin food that's in the these products will have any benefit to hair. It actually seems too. I am noticing that the facial hair that I do keep is softer than it has been in the past. Luckily with my load times, I have enough spare lather for that. And also a post shave lather while I clean my equipment up.

Had a lot going on this weekend with several errands and the eldest granddaughter's softball games. She is on her High School team and moving into the Select teams also. In addition, we had the youngest granddaughter stay over Saturday night and leave late Sunday evening. At the end of the day, it was nice to wind down and take a breath before starting another busy work week. That's all I have for today, stay safe out there. Life is good.

Back