The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Impressive with the GTB run especially that you aren’t even seeing the bottom yet.

Shave Count (DE: 253 SR: 139)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Henckel SR
Zenith boar
Ghost Town Barber soap (3017 - Day 43)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

Woke up a few minutes early this morning and had plenty of time for a shave. I usually stay with a single soap/as combo during the work week, so I am steady rocking the GTB. Hit the soap for 30 seconds and cranked out a nice lather. This brush is relatively new, so the bristles are not white tipped yet. But out of the box it was softer than the Omega, so I am curious to see what it will be like when it completely breaks in.

Hit the leather strop for 50 laps and then got down to business. Went with my standard three pass shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Oh yeah, I am rocking the BBS for the win! I may have mentioned in another post that I only ran this razor up to my 12k stone. Although not as sharp as the other razors, it shaves nice and is comfortable. I may rock the 12k edge a bit longer and see how things go.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a light towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Clean shaved and smelling great! I am ready for the day, I think ... well maybe. Half way through this busy week, so it's all downhill now. Life is good!

Nice shave Tim. Since you're locked in with GTB for the week, this weekend you should try Ghost Town Barber. I think it's made by CFG also. Have great day !!

Nice shave Tim. Since you're locked in with GTB for the week, this weekend you should try Ghost Town Barber. I think it's made by CFG also. Have great day !!

I’ve heard it is made by CFG. I was going to use Ghost Town Barber next week. Maybe this weekend I’ll try GT Barber or maybe Ghost TB. Uhhhhh ... well maybe not that last one.

Ghost TB. Uhhhhh ... well maybe not that last one.

1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

If you like that, you might like this Ghost Town one I have. Leather, gunpowder. All the guys are into it. I can send you a sample.

Shave Count (DE: 254 SR: 139)

Pre Shave-

Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-

Gillette Old Type

Voskhod blade (6)

Omega Pro 48

Ghost Town Barber soap (3017 - Day 44)

Post Shave-

Warm water splash

Ghost Town Barber AS

A quick update for today. I was pressed for time this morning, so went back to the Gillette. Today also seemed like a good day for a boar ... so Omega it is. Hit the soap again for 30 seconds and was off. I can't believe I have 44 days on this soap and haven't punched through to the bottom yet. I think it's close ... maybe ...
kinda ... sorta. Anyway Went with my standard three pass shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Easy, peasy, rocking the BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a light towel dry. A double slap of the AS and everything was right as rain! Today shouldn't be as busy today at work, thank goodness. Hopefully things will wind down a bit and let me get cause back up. I may play around with a redesign of part of my shaving shelf this weekend. We shall see. Life is good!

I snuck into his house last week to add some soap, who's turn is it this weekend?

Back