The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

I hear Chiseled Face makes good stuff. Using it tomorrow?

Check out my new blade PIF. You qualify if interested.

Last night I used the same setup and results improved again.

Pre Shave-
Hot shower followed by a water splash to shave.

Shave-
Maggard Razor MR11
Voskhod Blade
Omega boar
CC Bay Rum soap

Post Shave-
Hot water rinse
CC Bay Rum AS Splash

Loaded heavy and went after it. Something I did a bit different was to slow the stroke. A nice sliick lather and the speed change made the difference. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with a BBS this time.

Followed it up with the AS splash and everything was still right as rain. This razor and blade combo seems to still be going strong delivering great shaves. I’ll run this setup until the weekend and then switch up the rotation.

Nice one Tim, and good adjustment!

Great mail call, and if SWMBO approves, even BETTER!

Thanks! Took me a minute to figure it out, at first I thought the blade was fading. Turns out I was just zipping around like a rally car. I think this razor/blade combo would be a great starter set.

Nice shave Tim, and a fantastic Mail call, CFG is great stuff in all forms

Great shave Tim, keep it up!

Glad you like the CC products. I’m really looking forward to them finishing their Venture line, I’m trying to hold off the Aventus mini-beast that has been awakened inside me until then...

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!!!

So, I have to tell you about the delivery ... i was so wronged.

My wife brought it in from the mailbox. I get home and it’s sitting on the table waiting for me. Go to the kitchen, grab a drink and come back. She now has the box shaking it. We know what’s in it. Ask her if she wants to open it and hand her my pocket knife. She does ... and did. She opens the soap and sniffs several times. Seals it and grabs the AS. Opens it, sniffs repeatedly and then seals it. Grabs the soap again, sniffs some more, then seals it.

Then gives it to me. I was wronged I tell you!

So, I have to tell you about the delivery ... i was so wronged.

My wife brought it in from the mailbox. I get home and it’s sitting on the table waiting for me. Go to the kitchen, grab a drink and come back. She now has the box shaking it. We know what’s in it. Ask her if she wants to open it and hand her my pocket knife. She does ... and did. She opens the soap and sniffs several times. Seals it and grabs the AS. Opens it, sniffs repeatedly and then seals it. Grabs the soap again, sniffs some more, then seals it.

Then gives it to me. I was wronged I tell you!
You are correct. You deserve to order something else so you can open it!

Back