The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

California too. Heck some of my pistol cases state “Not for sale in California”.

Ugh, don’t remind me.
1f610.png

I have a few friends that are big collectors and they sometimes complain to me about the strict laws here. Apparently a law was recently passed that lowered the legal size of the magazine down to 10 rounds I think.

That kid has used more GTB this year than I have in my whole life

Shave Count (DE: 251 SR: 129)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Dovo SR
Omega Pro 48 Boar
Ghost Town Barber soap (3017 - Day 31)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

Woke up this morning and was on schedule, so I had time for a shave. I think I read somewhere that we could have a cheat day on the 3017, so why not today? With that in mind, I changed a few things up and reached for a soap/AS set that I haven't used in some time. That's right folks, today I am breaking out the GTB. It was above 70 degrees yesterday and in the 30's today. Such a temp change demanded a change in my shaving routine. Although I haven't used this one much lately, it definitely has a place in my den. Upon opening the tub, I knew I was long overdue in using this one. So I grabbed the Omega boar and got down to business. Loaded the brush for 30 seconds and whipped up a really nice lather. It really doesn't need 30 seconds, but it's been a while, so I splurged. I had almost forgotten how easily the lather builds and how intoxicating the scent can be.

Went with 50 laps on the leather strop and it was go time. I went back to my three pass method of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. It was a great shave and I didn't find the cut that the Boker had delivered a few days ago. That may have been due to the protection and glide that this soap delivers. Or it could have been because I slowed back down and was paying attention to my angles. Looking back, I had been speeding up my shaves and my angle was off on that stroke with the Boker. Anyway, I walked away with a BBS for the win!

Wrapped it up with a splash of water and a drip dry. Given the current weather, the house was a little cooler. That made for a brisk drying time. Just to preserve that icy cold goodness a bit longer, I went with a glug of the AS. And oh yeah, you can guess it ... everything was right as rain! Great way to start the day before heading out in the rain. Overcast, scattered showers, cold with a windchill ... Life is good!

Well, after that craziness, you can get back to the 3017!

Hey, I thought you had a 12hr work day. What are you doing hanging out at Tim's place?

Down time and checking on my parents at their place. Last 2 jobs at 7 before I can head home. You're at work and on here, why can't I be ?

Nice. I have to drive to Oakland tomorrow for a meeting tomorrow. Not looking forward to that, but I might be able to ditch out around noon

Back