The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 249 SR: 126)

Pre Shave-
Hot shower and earm water splash to shave.

Shave-
$1 Assured DE Razor
Assured blade (2)
Vulfix Badger
GTB soap (3017 - Day 27)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

So here we go with shave #2 on the Assured razor. Yesterday I missed my morning shave, so I closed out the day with a shower and shave. Was expecting about the same shave, but was surprised. Hit the soap for 30 seconds and cranked out another nice lather.

Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. The first pass was with the aggressive side and was an improvement from the day before. Smooth shave, lots of blade feel and audible feedback. Second and third passes with the mild side. No blade feel and very smooth, much like a vintage Tech. However, this razor feels lighter than a Tech. Overall an outstanding shave and I walked away BBS for the win! Nice ... very nice!

Wrapped it up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! I am really surprised by this razor. This one is the polar opposite of the last one I tried. Wrapping up the work week with the symphony tonight and off work tomorrow.Life is good!

Ya’ll keep that suffering over there. Yeah, this has been the complete opposite of the last Assured razor that I tried. The last one was horrid but this one is decent, sans the blade alignment. But I can work with that.

Yup, hitting he symphony again which should be pretty cool. I think I’ll give the 3 soap shave a try tomorrow. 3 soaps, 3rd Assured shave, 3rd shave on same Assured blade. It should be magical.

Shave Count (DE: 250 SR: 126)

Pre Shave-
Hot shower and earm water splash to shave.

Shave-
$1 Assured DE Razor
Assured blade (3)
DSC Silvertip Badger
GTB soap (3017 - Day 28)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

So shave #3 is done and done. Rolled in the 3 soap challenge with this one also. I went with GTB, SC Fougere and SC Patchouli. Loaded the GTB for 10 seconds and then loaded the other 2 into a bowl to lather. It was a disposable plastic bowl, but it worked. I’ll be glad when my Turkish bowl gets here. Anyway, it whipped up a ton of lather after throwing a bit more water at it. The dominant scent at first was the Fougere. Then the other scents kinda ebbed and flowed. It was actually pretty cool.

Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I c
ould tell by the audible feedback that the first pass was the aggresive side. The last 2 passes were the mild side, but I had no blade feel during the whole shave. Overall another outstanding shave, maybe even magical with the performance of the scents. I walked away with another BBS for the win! Oh yeah, it’s gonna be a great day.

Wrapped it up with a splash of water and a drip dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! The dry down was pretty cool also with the GTB and Patchouli soap scent. Have the day off and running a few errands. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 250 SR: 127)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Boker SR
Vulfix Badger
Sherlock soap (3017)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Sherlock AS

Ok, got all of the challenges out of the way. Late morning shave today and it was nice. I switched up everything this morning. Staying with the Chiseled Face, I switched over to the Sherlock. This stuff has a great smell from the puck and when lathered. Loaded the brush for 30 seconds and got to it. Cranked out a really nice, great smelling lather.

Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. However, that hateful Boker gave me another racing stripe in the same area. I don’t think this one cut as much as the previous one, so that’s good. No red stuff again this time. Aside from that, it was a great shave and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped it up with a splash of water and a drip dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! It also came with a matching cologne or ed... something. So I gave that a spray too. Great way to start the day, clean shaven and smelling great! Look out world, here I come. Life is good!

Shave mail.

Had a couple of mail calls today. One was my Turkish shave bowl. The other was a tub of Venture and some samples from Captain’s Choice. That was a trade that I made with Scott. Good stuff.

Shave mail.

Had a couple of mail calls today. One was my Turkish shave bowl. The other was a tub of Venture and some samples from Captain’s Choice. That was a trade that I made with Scott. Good stuff.

Good stuff Tim!

Back