The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

No shave this morning. You won’t hear me say that often and the stubble is driving me crazy. Even though the racing stripe from yesterday didn’t draw blood, I know it’s there. I scored it at a real shallow angle on my jawline and the skin caught on my clothing most of the day yesterday. I did it on the XTG stroke, so my next shave will probably just be a 2 pass - WTG and ATG. Anyway, that’s it for today. You guys be careful out there.

No shave this morning. You won’t hear me say that often and the stubble is driving me crazy. Even though the racing stripe from yesterday didn’t draw blood, I know it’s there. I scored it at a real shallow angle on my jawline and the skin caught on my clothing most of the day yesterday. I did it on the XTG stroke, so my next shave will probably just be a 2 pass - WTG and ATG. Anyway, that’s it for today. You guys be careful out there.
Have a good day Tim and heal up. Say it with me, Cells: split and divide, split and divide, split and divide.............

Makes ya wonder about all the trendy guys that purposefully walk around with groomed stubble. Must be an itchy lot.

Makes ya wonder about all the trendy guys that purposefully walk around with groomed stubble. Must be an itchy lot.

When I had a beard it was always relatively short. It was pretty itchy at first, but after a while that went away. Now anytime I have A decent amount of stubble I get Itchy again. I guess your skin eventually adjusts to it or something.

Shave Count (DE: 246 SR: 126)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Graydog Synth

Voskhod blade
GTB soap (3017 - Day 24)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

Good grief, that stubble was driving me crazy. That razor stripe was all red and angry looking, so I decided to use a DE and go easy. Mixed up all of the kit, except the soap. Grabbed the Old Type and the last Voskhod blade too. Loaded the Graydog for 30 seconds and that was too long. It whipped up a lot of lather. It also started real wet and slung everywhere, but it was great.

I went into the shave thinking two pass and skip the XTG. That way I shouldn’t dig into that stripe. After the first pass, I changed my mind and went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I did snag the stripe, but didn’t dig in. Friends and neighbors that was a BBS for the win! And it was glorious! Think I’ll stay with the DE for a few more days though.

Wrapped it up with a splash of water and a drip dry. Followed that up with a glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! You know it! Hobbling around a bit today. I guess I tweaked that ankle I sprained last year. Oh well, I’ve got a wrap for that. So we’ll do that for a day or two and see if that helps. Date night with the missus last night and we saw a movie. It’s called “Upward” and it was pretty good. Having dinner with the youngest stepson and DIL tonight which should be fun too. Oh ... that “Assured” monstrosity shows out for delivery, but I’ll ignore it for another day or two. I think it pushed the Chiseled Face set out of the mail truck. It looks lost in the mail between Dallas and Kaufman. Anyway campers, that’s all I have for now. Life is good!

Glad the date night went well as did the shave! Assure-idly it won’t for long!
1f608.png

Back