The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 244 SR: 123)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Three Ranners SR
Vulfix Badger
GTB soap (3017 - Day 19)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

Kinda weird shave weekend. I kept the same gear and both shaves were pretty much the same. I tweaked the razors on the balsa and had them good and sharp. Saturday I got a racing stripe when changing angles, no blood and a good shave. Today I it the tub for 30 seconds and cranked out a nice lather..

I hit the leather stop for 50 laps and it was time for business. Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with a BBS for the win! I wasn’t sure if I would get there. I guess I had too much coffee and no breakfast, because I had the shakes. But it’s all good.

Wrapped it up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain. Today is honey-do day and that should keep me busy. Messed with the Torrey for a few hours yesterday, but may not today. Life is good!

Honey-Do days! Yup I am likely to have one of those tommorow! Don't work too hard!

OMG ... they took up the whole day
1f601.png

Shave Count (DE: 245 SR: 123)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Gillette Senator
Voskhod blade (6)
DSC Badger
GTB soap (3017 - Day 20)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

Hit snooze, so I had to speed up the pace this morning. I went back to the Senator that already had a blade loaded. I usually only use a blade for 5 days and pitch it but I gave it a try and it was nice. Hit the tub for 30 seconds and cranked out another nice. I think that even with the few times I've used this soap, I have it dialed in pretty good. Given the indention that in the soap now, I would guess it will take two months to use this soap up. I may be wrong, but I am curious now. Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with an easy peasy BBS for the win! I will take those all day, any day..

Wrapped it up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain. Back to the grind again today. Have new goals and objectives as a team and will need to work on my personal ones as well. Good stuff right there. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to work on the Torrey any further this weekend. I really wanted to clean it while it was dull, to reduce possible mishaps. However, I think I will turn my attention to the edge first and see if and how it cleans up and takes an edge. If that works and it shaves, I can invest the time to clean it up. Have a great day and be careful out there! Life is good!

Someone take Tim's snooze button away! Or at least set his alarm 15min earlier.

Someone take Tim's snooze button away! Or at least set his alarm 15min earlier.
[

QUOTE username=Dave in KY userid=5892754 postid=1307182029]I think the snooze hitting frequency is up due to not looking forward to the same soap again..............Have a good day Tim[/QUOTE]

1f602.png

This is guy trying to derail others’ 3017 aspirations.

Snooze is a self defense mechanism. I am not a morning person. Never have been.

But I am kinda getting used to the simplicity of one soap/AS. I might have to think about reducing my inventory further.

The snooze button can be a dangerous thing. I’m not a morning person either Tim, one of the reason I shave at night lol. Although I have toyed with the idea of switching to the morning recently.

Shave Count (DE: 245 SR: 124)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Three Ranners SR
DSC Badger
GTB soap (3017 - Day 21)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

I'm not going to tell you I hit snooze again today, because you guys are meanheads. But if I did hit snooze, I still had enough time for a straight shave. I changed up a couple of things today also, just to keep it interesting. So I'm still breaking in this new badger brush and it is doing great. It has splayed a little bit, but the feel and consistency has been good. It has also not shed, which I find impressive. I used the Vulfix Badger a few days ago and it shed two more hairs. One of the changes I did this morning was to load using the Marco method. Oh my gosh, that cranked out a ton of nice lather.

I hit the leather strop for 50 laps and was good to go. Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Pulled another BBS for the win! I still had a ton of lather left, so I just lathered up again and let it sit while I cleaned up my shave gear.

Wrapped it up with a splash of water and no towel dry. That's right, not towel dry. That was the other change I made today. I simply let my face dry on it's own, while I did other things. Followed that up with a splash of the AS and everything was right as rain. I'm not sure if it's the placebo effect or what, but my face feels more nourished and moisturized today. Weird huh? Anyway, haven't made any progress on the Torrey. Who knows, I may have to wait until this weekend. I'm rethinking my steps and may work on my edge first to see how it shaves and then clean it up last. That's about it for today, stay tuned. Life is good!

SV method, Marco method........Someone needs to do a thread in the soap section describing all these load methods as I can't visualize them when referred to. Meanhead out

I don't get why it became the Marco method. Seems like common sense with a hard soap to me.

Back