The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

And super load.

I guess it wasn’t so intuitive then. I think also the story that he got the idea from some old Italian barbers or something helped.

Shave Count (DE: 245 SR: 125)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Three Ranners SR
Vulfix Badger
GTB soap (3017 - Day 22)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

Quick update this morning.
Standard routine
BBS
Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 245 SR: 126)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Boker SR
Zenith Boar
GTB soap (3017 - Day 23)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

Had a really mixed bag this morning by changing my razor and brush. In addition to that, I used the stopwatch function on my phone and measured my load time. I discovered that my typical load time was not what I thought it was. So anyway, today I ran with a 20 second load time and cranked our a really nice lather. The Zenith is a really soft brush for a boar. Not as soft as a synth or Badger, but softer than the Omega boar. Nothing wrong with the Omega, I like it as well. The small variety of brushes help keep things interesting.

I called an audible while getting my gear ready for the shave. I grabbed the Three Ranners and hit it with 50 laps on the leather. I then decided to change razors, shelved the Three Ranners and grabbed the Boker and hit it for 50 laps. So the Boker will probably be on deck for a few days. Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. There was no fluid leakage, but I did pick up another racing strip this morning. I then went to reposition the razor and put the edge right back into that same stripe. Funny ... I couldn't do that if I tried. I did miss just a bit on the jawline this morning, but BBS everywhere else. Close enough for me, that's a win!

Wrapped it up with a splash of water and no towel dry again. I'm still testing the air dry theory thing. Followed that up with a glug of the AS and ... and ... you know it ... come on, say it with me ... everything was right as rain! That right! Anyway that's it for today, just cruising along winding the work week down. Tune in next time for another exciting episode. Same bat time, same bat channel. Oh and here's the obligatory ... Life is good!

Back