The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Quijote's search for BBS

Good shave Don!

Nice for them to get some recognition for their community work!

Square Guard Shovelhead / GEM Personna (3)
Sorrentino Tuxedo
Tabac
LT DC / Chatillon Lux La Forêt de Liguest

Today, I just needed a quick shave. Was running late. So, I grabbed the Shovelhead and took care of business. After 2 passes though, I decided to do a 3rd. Ended up with a BBS Grail. I was a little sad while putting everything away though. I forgot about a couple of soaps that I want to use. One of them will see use on Friday if I can remember. I also have to go through my stuff to find the right AS to match it.

A la Mancha, our Great Dane, Valentine, had been jumping the fence lately, so we don't leave her outside for extended periods. Well, today, I went to get her in, and she didn't want to come in. I had to chase her down and corner her in the yard to get her to lay down and put her leash on and drag her inside. Needless to say, this morning, I had my exercise for the week.

Nice shave today. Cornering and wrestling a great dane no matter how docile I have a feeling is quite the workout! Let me guess the dog things she is a lap dog also?

Great shave today Don...I feel your pain on the dog issues. We have a husky, (see avatar), who loves to run and will bolt the second he gets a chance to.

Cvargo said:
Nice shave today. Cornering and wrestling a great dane no matter how docile I have a feeling is quite the workout! Let me guess the dog things she is a lap dog also?
She tries to be. We won't let her on the furniture though. She is the dog equivalent of Pigpen from Peanuts. We can give her a bath, and 15 minutes later she is dirty again.
Dagwoodz said:
Great shave today Don...I feel your pain on the dog issues. We have a husky, (see avatar), who loves to run and will bolt the second he gets a chance to.
Yeah, we are at a loss. Short of putting in a 6ft fence, we cannot seem to keep her in the back yard. We tried to tie her out on a stake, but her neck is as big around as her head, so she can just pull off the collar. Then we tried a harness. They are all adjustable, and she can pull hard enough to loosen the straps. Then she just slips it off. The last time, she almost pulled out the 18" long corkscrew stake.

Great read, shave, and picture Don!
Quijote said:
Ended up with a BBS Grail. I was a little sad while putting everything away though.
2753.png
2753.png
2753.png
2753.png

No shave today. The GEM yesterday left me so close, I would still be classified as CCS today. So I just used some of the disappearing cream as a face moisturizer and threw on some Fine American Blend. I think I have discovered the problem I had with this stuff. I wasn't a huge fan of it before, but this time, I ended up putting on a little more than normal and the scent seems to be much better. I don't know why it wouldn't smell the same if I didn't put enough on, unless maybe my skin chemistry had changed it a little. But I am much happier with it now.

Very nice title Don and that long term BBS to CCS is stellar with a GEM. I get about 6 hours BBS then another 4-6 CCS but then it goes north rather quickly.

NurseDave said:
HA! Glad you enjoy your new title
1f609.png
I do.
DocHoliday0831 said:
Very nice title Don and that long term BBS to CCS is stellar with a GEM. I get about 6 hours BBS then another 4-6 CCS but then it goes north rather quickly.
Mine grows slowly. It is part of the reason that I have been settling for DFS lately.

Shovelhead - GEM Personna (4)
Sorrentino Tuxedo
CFG Santa Paula
Fine L'Orange Noir

Tonight I am taking my daughter to a Father-Daughter dance for her American Heritage Girls troop. So I wanted to get the closest, best shave I could. That means busting back out the Shovelhead. As much as I love straights, I am just not as good with them yet as this little guy. 3 passes and I ended up with a CDBBSG. Yes, I may be making up some qualifiers, but with a shave this good I feel like I can do whatever I want. Besides, it makes sense in my mind.

Have a great day everyone.

Awesome stuff Don. I am looking forward to father-daughter dances when my little girl gets older. Have a great day and treat your date right

Quijote said:
Shovelhead - GEM Personna (4)
Sorrentino Tuxedo
CFG Santa Paula
Fine L'Orange Noir

Tonight I am taking my daughter to a Father-Daughter dance for her American Heritage Girls troop. So I wanted to get the closest, best shave I could. That means busting back out the Shovelhead. As much as I love straights, I am just not as good with them yet as this little guy. 3 passes and I ended up with a CDBBSG. Yes, I may be making up some qualifiers, but with a shave this good I feel like I can do whatever I want. Besides, it makes sense in my mind.

Have a great day everyone.

Super cute. I only got one of those with my daughter back in early elementary and she still talks about it from time to time.

Thanks everyone. Her troop does this every year and this will be the second one I have been able to take her to. It will be a blast.

Back