The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Pick your Health Goal Two Month Challenge

did some heated yoga last night to finish off the day. weighed myself when i got up and am down to 183.4 pounds. so i guess i lost a few pounds which is good. i think i will take today off as a rest and recovery day.

Actually I just got them back out, put some five finger death punch on and did 4 more sets as well as some extra exercises.
Now I am really feeling old....

Dr wise, I went for my 6 month urology appointment yesterday. Blood looked good, urine looked good, xrays showed more stones, but ultrasound didn't...
Paper they gave me said to cut down on red meat, leafy veggies, and nuts.... Wife and I love steak and my go to snack a big portion of the time is pistachios/ almonds/ cashews..... so there may not be any dietary changes....

Since I did extra yesterday with 2 to failure sets, I was going to rest today. I didn't feel bad today at work so I decided to try a set....
It was a short set... I felt it tonight haha.

Sorry guys! Had to work this weekend and things were busy. I'll get the winner for the month of May posted either tonight or tomorrow sometime! Thank you all for participating so far. If anyone else wants to jump in...there is a prize up for grabs for the month of June as well!

4.5 miles this morning with an extra 30 lbs

View attachment 132077
Rucking, weighted walking, light load farmer's carries...etc...etc...etc. are all great ways to do zone two cardio and get some serious health benefit. Better for the knees and sometimes the back. If you get too comfortable Chad with the vest...add a dumbbell or kettle bell in a hand or each hand. I have been known to hike around the neighborhood with a pack on my back and a sledge hammer in my hands as well!

New Month, New Start! Workout today felt good. Decent night sleep and wasn't too bad waking up at 0400.

So the doctor told you to cut down on every thing that has nutritional value. Yeah...that makes sense. :rolleyes:
AND..... told me I could drink all the mt. Dew that I wanted....
Citric acid breaks down the stones I guess. I used to drink a lot of it, but the one I had this morning was the first in about 9 months. Went to a barqs at night with dinner and water the rest of the time.

AND..... told me I could drink all the mt. Dew that I wanted....
Citric acid breaks down the stones I guess. I used to drink a lot of it, but the one I had this morning was the first in about 9 months. Went to a barqs at night with dinner and water the rest of the time.
I honestly think you need to see a new Doc. There are plenty of other ways that are a lot healthier to get citric acid. I normally stay out of comments that talk about what their doctors or health professional's say...but a diet devoid of meat and/or leafy greens plus all the Mountain Dew you can drink is going to lead to much, much more worse outcomes.

Back