The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Pens, inks and related.....

I truly never understood people who were bending over backwards to get inks like Baystate Blue to work for them. I don't really want to worry about permanently staining my pen, clothes, counter, sink, etc. when filling or using a pen. Understand that there are various archival reasons for iron gall inks and the like, but these oversaturated inks just drove me crazy.

I truly love the colors, especially Baystate Blue, but you have to draw the line between style and substance somewhere.

Some incentive for people who’ve been eyeing those pricier pens lately :

“La Couronne du Comte celebrates 14th Anniversary!
We gladly celebrate our 14th anniversary with our customers: enjoy a 20% discount on our entire assortment this weekend with code HAPPY14TH, valid up and until Monday, February 21st.”

This is my go to store for good prices when I don’t mind waiting awhile for the pen to show up (once waited almost 4 months for a Montblanc with their Calligraphy nib, but got it at a price nobody else could touch).

100% about LCdC, great store, very helpful staff. They are my go to pen source as well.

I actually visited there a few of years ago, they treated me like royalty, it was wonderful.

Flying with a fountain pen. Usually I try to take a pen with converter and keep it air free. Anybody else have any tips they could share with me?

Flying with a fountain pen. Usually I try to take a pen with converter and keep it air free. Anybody else have any tips they could share with me?
Never done it, but I’ve read several accounts of people that say just keep them nib up and they don’t have an issue carrying inked pens.

Nib up is definitely the biggest thing. The air inside the pen will expand. If there is ink between the nib and any trapped air, it may get pushed out.

[mention]NurseDave [/mention] Are you going to the San Francisco pen show this weekend?
On the fence, but I don't think so. The biggest reason I want to go is Figboot is going to be there. I would like to meet him. We've gone a couple of times and I'm not looking to add any pens to the collection right now.

On the fence, but I don't think so. The biggest reason I want to go is Figboot is going to be there. I would like to meet him. We've gone a couple of times and I'm not looking to add any pens to the collection right now.

I like Figboot too.

Back