The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD! (May Contain Spoilers)

Ok, that was good. That’s what they should all be like.

Very very good episode. I appreciate that they are not pussyfooting around the big plot points and have the courtesy to just walk up to the audience and punch us in the face with them.

Umm...Dave...you spaming us now? 🤪

So am I the only one that is a little tired of Daenerys' petulant attitude? Yeah, I know it will likely result in a part of the plot...but I am kind of over it. She goes from being one of my favorite characters to me wishing they would cut her out of the story altogether. Her answer for everything starting last season is "Bend the Knee!" "Oh, and if you don't...guess what? Dragon Fodder!" I know we only have four episodes left...but I really hope she gets rid of that attitude.

So am I the only one that is a little tired of Daenerys' petulant attitude? Yeah, I know it will likely result in a part of the plot...but I am kind of over it. She goes from being one of my favorite characters to me wishing they would cut her out of the story altogether. Her answer for everything starting last season is "Bend the Knee!" "Oh, and if you don't...guess what? Dragon Fodder!" I know we only have four episodes left...but I really hope she gets rid of that attitude.

She is coming across as a bit naive and petulant, and I appreciated the role Jorah played in this episode very much. He's a character that has really come full circle since the series started.

Well, that was definitely the feel good episode before everything goes to hell in a handbasket. I thought it was great. Everyone gathering together, telling stories, singing, drinking, it was great to bring everyone together as they contemplated their not so certain future and contemplated their mortality.

Was anyone else weirded out by Arya's scene? In my mine she's still a kid...... I get the plot point of it, and made total sense, and was a bit predictable......... but when it actually happened it still came off a bit unsettling.

Well, that was definitely the feel good episode before everything goes to hell in a handbasket. I thought it was great. Everyone gathering together, telling stories, singing, drinking, it was great to bring everyone together as they contemplated their not so certain future and contemplated their mortality.

Was anyone else weirded out by Arya's scene? In my mine she's still a kid...... I get the plot point of it, and made total sense, and was a bit predictable......... but when it actually happened it still came off a bit unsettling.

My wife said the same thing, but many of the main characters...Jon, Sansa, Daenerys, etc...are still teenagers. My wife said it was unsettling for her because you watched the character grow up more so than the others.

Totally agree. And I do think it's building up to her either having some sort of revelation and changing her attitude, or her dying because she won't.

Yes, didn't expect it, and it was strange.
Ok, that was good. That’s what they should all be like.
HBO would save bunch of money with Dave directing.
-when are we shooting batle
-we're not doing that, you're gona talk!
-what about scenes with dragons
-is there a room on them for a fireplace and mug holders for cheap wine?
-no
-get rid of them!
-we can't, people like them.
-then cgi some mugs on them, and put ther ass next to the fireplace!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm actually not sure bran can be the night king. If he is then it makes no sense for the night king to want him dead. We have already seen that bran can have an effect on the past that move through the current timeline. If the night king is him, and then kills him, no more night king.

What about this the war will happen... but after Arya being the only Faceless "becomes a few folks" and death abounds Cersei gets it

Time lines run parallel ( the new Star Trek ) and if that is the case Night king kills Bran ( raven) he is still night king in this timeline and the other one would be erased, as Bran indicated

I'm actually not sure bran can be the night king. If he is then it makes no sense for the night king to want him dead. We have already seen that bran can have an effect on the past that move through the current timeline. If the night king is him, and then kills him, no more night king.
But remember, Bran said that the Night King wants to erase memory. I get the distinct impression, the Night King and the Army of Darkness...err..the Army of the Dead, has no interest in surviving, only ensuring the rest of the world joins them in nothingness! Just a thought. I might be completely wrong in this. There is a lot going on and I guess we will find out.

So anyone else catch what Arya said about finding out what this particular face of death looks like? I know I flubbed the exact line. But I found this interesting. I'm not sure it will happen...but does anyone else think Arya will wear the Night King's Face?

So anyone else catch what Arya said about finding out what this particular face of death looks like? I know I flubbed the exact line. But I found this interesting. I'm not sure it will happen...but does anyone else think Arya will wear the Night King's Face?
I don't know what good that would do...... but certainly Arya's talent will be used at some point...... my guess is to kill Cersei, She is on her list after all.

I don't know what good that would do...... but certainly Arya's talent will be used at some point...... my guess is to kill Cersei, She is on her list after all.
Some people think Arya will kill Jaime and wear his face to kill Cersei. That would be pretty epic, but I do like Jaime so I wouldn't be thrilled if that's how it went down.

Back