The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD! (May Contain Spoilers)

Just saw it, nice quiet start. Some catchy lines. Will they kill a main character in the next one? I mean, so many of them, so little episodes:sneaky:

Just finally watched the first episode of the final season. I had to stay away from here until then lol.

I heard some people complained that they felt kind of let down with the season premiere, but I thought it was good.

Years ago, I made one of my biggest parent fails with the game of throne book series. As I was beginning to read the first book, I found the first 140 pages or so very dry and boring. It was setting up all the characters, families, and geography. At the time I knew nothing about the series. When I was at page 100ish, my Freshman son asked me if he could read the series. I told him “Sure, if you can stay awake while reading it. This stuff is like an encyclopedia!” Well, I stopped reading it for a while, and he plowed through the series like wild fire. By the time I picked up the book again, he was all done. It didn’t take much more reading to realize the mistake I made. I have finished the books now, and I realize my boy became a man by reading this series. Holy cow is there some crazy stuff in there!

No fail there, sir! My mother let me start reading Stephen King (Cujo) when I was 8, and I was 12 when "It" was published and I got to read it after she finished. All that and I turned out fine... I think!

It was okaaaaay. To KJ's point, I don't think I can get past my irritation at how they are producing the show. Especially the last two seasons. Almost every scene could be a little longer, have some more dialog. You have a huge following that is waiting long periods of time to watch this. You have the actors already paid to be there, huge supporting cast and crew. I feel like they have the philosophy of streamlining everything and every moment being important. But the result of that is having less to watch than we could with the story being just as good if not better with some fleshed out sub plots.

I saw the official episode lenghts posted in March so I knew this week's would be the shortest. That said, I loved how much it paralleled the very first episode of the show.

Episode 2 will be another "shorty" at 58 minutes. but episodes 3 through 6 will average 80 minutes per show.

I knew the later ones were longer. I more meant doing 15ish 60min episodes instead of 6 total using the same scene set-ups but fleshing out the dialog more and putting some more meat on subplots. But we get what we get. I'll just have to stay up past my bedtime.

Good to see ya Jim!

I'm seriously starting to feel for my Queens (Dany) life. There might be too many people out to get her and let's face it they have already proven the dragons can be taken down.
Also to correct my earlier post. After browsing Ebay I realized I do not have all of the Dany POPS (small heartbreak) there is one set out there that has her and Drogon and shes in a shiny blue dress. Sadly I will not be acquiring that one anytime soon. So it's an almost complete set. 🤣

i read and interesting post from the "conspiracy theorists" and it holds well that the Night King could also be a Targaryen, This 1st episode may have give us a hint, it may be thin but the design or a close proximation showed up and could be hints. Aside from Bran, it could be Rhaegar , Jon's father, that would explain the look he gave John at Hardhome. Lots of really interesting stuff out there in GoT Land

Hints???

Honestly, I don't see enough of a connection between the two symbols to believe that is the case.

Either way i don't think it is Rhaegar. The Night King is supposed to be extremely old i thought from Bran's time with the old 3 eyed raven. Now i could see it being one of the original Targaryans maybe.

I read the full Reddit post on the Rhaegar theory. The author gets full marks for detail and proper citation, but sheesh.

Just going to leave this here..."He was a Stark of Winterfell, and who can say? Mayhaps his name was Brandon. Mayhaps he slept in this very bed in this very room.” -- Old Nan.

I felt like I was watching All Quiet on the Western Front.

After this episode I am certain that Bran is the Night King and the other White Walkers are Targaryen.

In life a Targaryen won't bow to a Stark but in death they do.

Back