The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Occam Enoch passaround

I’m getting There. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

Well, I got the box but I’ll be damned if I can figure out how you get a blade into the OREN

2020 shave #36 (DE:11 SE:5 Str:20 Cart:0) - 552 days of consecutive shaving
Occam O.R.E.N. w/ Feather Proguard (1)
RazoRock synth
Wholly Kaw Cuero Oscuro
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Used another soap sample from @elmerPHuD. The scent is interesting. Nice dark leather, but when I lathered it there was a bit of a gasoline note or something mix in there. Interesting. First run with the OREN and I was stunned. I used the 2 dot head and have to say, the thought of having to use a screw driver to change them was a bit of a turn off. There may be a thread telling us no razor is efficient, but I'm saying this one is. No blade feel. Everywhere I did a stroke there was audibly nothing left when I passed over the area again. My cheeks started to burn on the 2nd pass so I was worried maybe this was being more aggressive to my face than I thought, but there was no alum sting at all. So guess I react to this soap. Bummer. But the shave I might dare say was better than the Vector. Total dolphin screaming with no clean up needed.

But the shave I might dare say was better than the Vector.
THANK YOU!!! I knew it couldn't be just me. I have the Hiram, which uses the same head as the Oren. It is amazing! If you like the Oren, you'll love the Hiram. The handle, feel, and weight/balance of the Hiram are all superior.

THANK YOU!!! I knew it couldn't be just me. I have the Hiram, which uses the same head as the Oren. It is amazing! If you like the Oren, you'll love the Hiram. The handle, feel, and weight/balance of the Hiram are all superior.
Dave slowly makes his way over to the BST area to watch for GREAT deals on a Vector backup......................

Don't want to say anything I regret, but I likely would get rid of the Vector to get this as they are both very similar. VS the RX which is a different beast and experience.

as they are both very similar.
I honeslty don't know what you're talking about. It couldn't be more different from the Vector, or just about any other AC style razor. The Floading Blade system is pretty unique. Most other razors are trying to hold the blade as rigid as possible. This is why I think the shave from the OREN/HIRAM is so unique, and better.

Dave slowly makes his way over to the BST area to watch for GREAT deals on a Vector backup......................
And no, I still will not be getting rid of my Vector......

I was considering buying a second Vector myself, in the other finish....... but now I'm thinking about a second HIRAM instead.

2020 shave #38 (DE:11 SE:7 Str:20 Cart:0) - 554 days of consecutive shaving
Occam O.R.E.N. w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Stirling synth
Chiseled Face Cinnawood Boroka
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Chiseled Face Cinnawood Boroka AS

Last shave with the OREN. Video posted. I think I'm going to stick with the shave quality being equal to the Vector. I'm not going to try the DE that's in the pass, so I might just use the Vector tomorrow for a direct comparison. I can forget how great something is, so maybe I'm wrong.

Back