The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Occam Enoch passaround

07f9db5c77592a32df35e48c4382fc7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are interested sign up below

1. Dave in KY (In Possession)
2. Spider - On Deck
3. Nurse Dave
4. dkeester
5. dangerousdon
6. Majorrich
7. Uacowboy

Guess I'll drop this here:

Tuesday January 14, 2020
2020 Shave # 15 ( 435 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Enoch
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (15)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Avon Island Lime
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Bayolea

Shave 15 on the 3017 is in the books...........................well the internet anyway. Stirling Boar on 1st shave without a shed hair. Will it never shed another hair? Nah, it probably will but we are getting there. Softening up but not to where I WANT to reach for it yet but we're getting there too.

Today the spotlight was on the Enoch razor from John @The Monkey I was going to borrow the razor until John gave his thoughts on it and I recoiled as we had similar thoughts on similar razors before. When he started the pass around I thought, just give it a try. Today I tried. Fit and finish is acceptable for the price point. It's an attractive razor and feels good in the hand. Loading the blade was easy. Whoa that is a healthy looking blade gap and exposure............no worries, let's give it a try. 1st several strokes and I'm thinking this feels good and not near as aggressive as it looked and it's not. I did have a couple strokes where I could tell I lost the feel of the blade and therefore lost the cutting too. Careful not to over compensate as you'll REALLY feel the blade. I felt like it was easy to find the right angle and get a nice shave but it was just as easy to lose the angle and not cut or worse yet BITE easily..........and it did in a couple spots on my chin. Nothing serious but after a single shave I know I could have just passed after hearing John's thoughts on the razor...................................who am I kidding, I had to try it. But I enjoy the more mindless easy shaves with the Vector which is just as EFFICIENT (there I said it 🤪 ) or more so. John, I thank you for your generously sharing a new to the market razor to try. Sticking with the Vector. 2 more in here but only one I'll take for a spin but may wait a day or 2 and use the 6s till skin is ready for another tester. Have a fun filled day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200114_080127924.jpg

Guess I'll drop this here:

Tuesday January 14, 2020
2020 Shave # 15 ( 435 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Enoch
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (15)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Avon Island Lime
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Bayolea

Shave 15 on the 3017 is in the books...........................well the internet anyway. Stirling Boar on 1st shave without a shed hair. Will it never shed another hair? Nah, it probably will but we are getting there. Softening up but not to where I WANT to reach for it yet but we're getting there too.

Today the spotlight was on the Enoch razor from John @The Monkey I was going to borrow the razor until John gave his thoughts on it and I recoiled as we had similar thoughts on similar razors before. When he started the pass around I thought, just give it a try. Today I tried. Fit and finish is acceptable for the price point. It's an attractive razor and feels good in the hand. Loading the blade was easy. Whoa that is a healthy looking blade gap and exposure............no worries, let's give it a try. 1st several strokes and I'm thinking this feels good and not near as aggressive as it looked and it's not. I did have a couple strokes where I could tell I lost the feel of the blade and therefore lost the cutting too. Careful not to over compensate as you'll REALLY feel the blade. I felt like it was easy to find the right angle and get a nice shave but it was just as easy to lose the angle and not cut or worse yet BITE easily..........and it did in a couple spots on my chin. Nothing serious but after a single shave I know I could have just passed after hearing John's thoughts on the razor...................................who am I kidding, I had to try it. But I enjoy the more mindless easy shaves with the Vector which is just as EFFICIENT (there I said it 🤪 ) or more so. John, I thank you for your generously sharing a new to the market razor to try. Sticking with the Vector. 2 more in here but only one I'll take for a spin but may wait a day or 2 and use the 6s till skin is ready for another tester. Have a fun filled day Cadre !!!
View attachment 15015
Curious what other razor you want to use and which you are skipping.

Back