The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Shaving World

Very cool. Thank you for providing them for the Cadre to try!
You’ll find that the soap takes a good deal of water. When lathered sufficiently there will be a silky sheen on it. The feel on the face is probably levering residual, which, of course, is excellent for the skin and cushioning whilst shaving. My customers and users tell me they rarely need any lotions and balms after using it. As with most shaving soaps is a question of experimenting with face and bowl lathering with the right amounts of water to create a lather that suits you and the razors used.

Very cool. Thank you for providing them for the Cadre to try!

You’ll find that the soap takes a good deal of water. When lathered sufficiently there will be a silky sheen on it. The feel on the face is probably glycerin residual, which, of course, is excellent for the skin and cushioning whilst shaving. My customers and users tell me they rarely need any lotions and balms after using it. As with most shaving soaps is a question of experimenting with face and bowl lathering with the right amounts of water to create a lather that suits you and the razors used.

Back