The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Shaving World

That was fun, nice to see someone else's first impressions. The This is Not a Blue Bottle line is the weakest, though I have high hope for the new 1/.6 one, featuring Yuzu.

The 15 ml bottles are a steal and you can really build up a lot of variety fast that way. I've got my 3rd full bottle on the way, 1899, which you seemed to like a lot as well.

The frags can have lot happen in dry down, so it'll be interesting to see what you think after wearing them.

Very nice watch Dave. Hopefully you had some coffee grounds to clear the olfactory palat. Also the scents will be dramitically different from opening top notes to base on your skin chemistry. What I do is categorize the ones i don’t like then dot them on a heat point. Usually inner arm crease and sometimes ones that appear feminine will morph into something you can wear and vice-versa. Well done

Great picks! I saw you were really digging the Prolixe, it was a bit too feminine for me, but maybe I need to try it again, it was a really classy scent. (Not trying to put you off it btw!) I like the other two En Aparte but I like incense type scents.

1740 was the first one I bought iirc.

If you buy make sure to get sample of Fidelis and Petroleum, I think you might like them as well.

Bravo Dave. Of all the YMMV aspects of our hobby. Scent is probably the biggest X factor. I have noticed like most soaps. As I go through a puck of Tabac. The scent strength wanes. And when I open up a new one. I am pleasantly surprised by the increase in it (scent). Guess that explains why I don't really mind going to nursing homes. The smell of old ladies and smoke must appeal to me. :eek: So now you can say "been there and done that" as far as Tabac is concerned. Have a great Saturday.
Fluffy

Back