The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Shaving World

Whooo! Look out Christmas buddy! Dave has laid it down! Great vid Dave. Did you use the same blade for all three? I am fortunate to not have a real thick beard, but with yours, that bit of old car fender may not be quite up to it. Poor Sharps was a similar problem.

Good finish of the challenge!

I think the justifiability is purely purely cost and availability. Can’t imagine have had to learn with it...

Whooo! Look out Christmas buddy! Dave has laid it down! Great vid Dave. Did you use the same blade for all three? I am fortunate to not have a real thick beard, but with yours, that bit of old car fender may not be quite up to it. Poor Sharps was a similar problem.
I did, because that's how I interpreted the challenge. I hadn't thought of changing the blade, but that does sound right. It might have not been as bad with a new blade each time. I'll just leave that question to the universe and get back to some good shaves.

Glad I’m not the only one that cracks myself up on camera!

Good shave Dave, sans neck irritation of course. Hope it’s not too unbearable for the day!

I still can’t figure out why your videos don’t show up on YouTube after you post them. They take a while to show up there, but I can watch through the forum. And it’s only yours that do that. Just weird.

Nice video and good observations.

I still can’t figure out why your videos don’t show up on YouTube after you post them. They take a while to show up there, but I can watch through the forum. And it’s only yours that do that. Just weird.
I've noticed that with other folks. I get a notification and think sweet, a new video! Then realize I watched it already. I wonder if that's because I upload it set to private and then change it to public like an hour later when I add tags and descriptions to it. Maybe it takes a while to catch up?

I wonder if that's because I upload it set to private and then change it to public like an hour later when I add tags and descriptions to it.
Well, Yeah, that explains it. If you have it set to private, it won’t appear on your page. You need the link in order to see it, hence why it’s visible on the forum. There’s really no need to set it to private initially.

I just don't want it going public without a title and description and me seeing what the thumbnail is.

I just don't want it going public without a title and description and me seeing what the thumbnail is.
I get that, but the only folks who are going to see it on the in between are your subscribers. We are going to watch anyway and don’t care about the specifics. All the titles and tags are what is going to help others find it through searches.
Mare you doing this on your phone? Have you downloaded the YT Studios app? That’s what I use to add tags and change the preview pic, within seconds of me uploading. I don’t post to TSC until after I change all that, usually.

Ya, that's what I do, but there's a delay because I'm getting ready to leave the house. I hit upload while I'm finishing getting ready and feeding the cats and have it set on private so nobody sees. Then when I get in to work I use the studio app to add the stuff and make it public and post the link to the cadre. I did see today I forgot to change it to public in the midst of all that.

I did see today I forgot to change it to public in the midst of all that.
Well, another piece of the puzzle, that explains it.... you could have just said that.
1f61c.png

https://youtu.be/hdIAEpSyYTw

Eh, I'm giving you something to complain about ?

That was great Dave! Superior awkwardness! I anticipate the brush flying out of my hand. Lol

As soon as you started applying larger to your face, I was thinking.... “Now, That, is a good thick lather!”

Nice info on the wines. Enjoyed it.

Back