The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Great Stuff Dave and while you are in Vegas, don't Forget Penhaligons in Bellagio, along with Creed in the Forum Shops and hehehehehe and while you are at it jump off the Stratosphere
Ha! I saw you had done that. I think I’ll probablt be skipping that part!

Lol! Nice catch. I actually didn’t change the razor to the SS. I copied the text from the last RX shave for both those. Glad you pointed it out. I’ve screwed up before and it can take some time to straighten it out.
Yeah, I read you said you didn't change up the razors so knew you had used the SS. Getting close

....Interesting thing yesterday. We were at a mall and stopped in Neiman Marcus to finally try out of Creed scents. I didn't like a single one other than Adventus. Which is fine with mty wallet....
Your wallet thanks you, no doubt.
1f60e.png

You didn't like Green Irish Tweed? That one is my favorite!

You didn't like Green Irish Tweed? That one is my favorite!
That surprised me too. But that's why I want to go back again to their actual boutique. This setting was a little hinkey and my parents and kids were waiting so I felt pretty rushed.

2018 shave #279 (DE:95 SE:86 Str:95 Cart:3)
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Plissoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
A&E The Novelist
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1
Louis Vuitton Sur la Route

Had to take my parents to the airport earlier than I normally leave for work, so h
ad a quickie 2 pass shave in the 2nd bathroom. Meh, DFS. Just makes me look forward to the next shave even more. If things stay on track, straight #100 could be this weekend!

Nice set up today, Dave. I've got the previous version of The Novelist, when it was called Hemingway 1898+1, and I love the scent and performance. It's actually on deck in the next few days, when the weather cools off again.

Rushed shaves are never great. But to get a DFS isn't bad.

100th straight shave coming up?? Nice!

If you try Pen's, Douro de Portugal is my go to!

I believe I got my bottle at fragrance.net and got it at a superb price. Tom Ford also has some lovely scents but some cost a pretty penny. Never hurts to do some talking and get samples though!

100th straight shave coming up?? Nice!

If you try Pen's, Douro de Portugal is my go to!

I believe I got my bottle at fragrance.net and got it at a superb price. Tom Ford also has some lovely scents but some cost a pretty penny. Never hurts to do some talking and get samples though!
Try? I have 7 bottles on my shelf. Haven't tried that one yet though that I can remember. I have learned that places tend to be pretty free with the samples, which surprised me. Good enough for a couple nights of smelling pretty with no expense.

Nice set up today, Dave. I've got the previous version of The Novelist, when it was called Hemingway 1898+1, and I love the scent and performance. It's actually on deck in the next few days, when the weather cools off again.
I was so distracted with making sure stuff didn't fall off the sink or the wrong things getting wet, I didn't even think to pay attention to the scent this morning! Maybe I need an afternoon shave.

I got way behind in your journal because I was only watching/listening to your vids. The content crosses but I still missed a few things, good to be caught up.

I wanted to comment on the cat/dog food thing. A lifetime ago I worked in veterinary medicine, I spent a good amount of time learning the ins and outs of feeds and feeding. Back then the answer was simple, the higher the cost the better the feed PERIOD. Now, cost is an indicator of relative quality but not a way to choose a quality food. Dry or wet, I don't think it matters much, so long as the nutritional needs are met. Discounting blockages (if cats can't pass what they eat they either STOP eating all together or hack) the type of protein or grain in the food is often the culprit. Cats and dogs can suddenly develop allergies or inability to tolerate some of the more traditional feed bases.

An odd side note. We often had dogs and cats with suspected blockages and occasionally used barium to view the digestive track. Almost with out fail doing a barium series resolved the issue (when there wasn't an actual blockage). Give a sick dog a belly full of barium and by the time you are scooping up barium piles with the pooper scooper the poochie felt better.

LOL, one bolus of barium!

Thanks for the feedback, it really is feeling something like a guessing game. Just this morning we started introducing wet food into the diet, so maybe we're on the right track with that for no reason other than changing the food.

Back