The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Well, you know you’ve made it when a wealth management firm is sending you shaving items!

Thanks Chris! Now just to decide if I have the courage to try this before we leave or wait til I’m back.

2018 shave #90 (DE:12 SE:31 Str:47 Cart:2)

Merkur 38c w/ Israeli Personna (3)
L&L After the Rain
Plisson synthetic in 24mm Shave Revolution handle
Witch Hazel & alum
Nivea balm
C.O. Bigelow Lime Coriander

A 2nd shave today? Why? Well, just for fun ?

Catching up Dave!

Great reads, shaves, and pictures!

Congats on the progress on the straight!

Awesome on achievement on the WSET!

Hope you and the misses have a great vacation!

clyde72 said:
Catching up Dave!

Great reads, shaves, and pictures!

Congats on the progress on the straight!

Awesome on achievement on the WSET!

Hope you and the misses have a great vacation!

Thanks Craig!

2018 shave #91 (DE:12 SE:32 Str:47 Cart:2)

Asylum “The Doctor” RX w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 two-band 26mm High Mountain Manchurian White Badger knot in Ziricote handle
Witch Hazel & alum
Nivea balm
Penhaligon’s Opus 1870

My routine is a bit out of wack this weekend. Spend the morning doing some yard work which means afternoon shave and then spending the rest of the day groaning like an old man when I get up because my whole body is a tight muscle. (By the way, noticing the lack of posts from Dave that include hole digging, I think we all know the real reason he’s keeping himself so busy with his shop ? )

Figure after a 2-shave day isn’t the time to try my frame back from Chris. So decided to just go all out for results since I’ve been living with a lot of DFS shaves learning the straight. Used every technique to get that super smooth RX BBS. Paid with some good alum burn, but I’m smoooooth.

Great read, shave, and picture Dave!
Yeah did a little yard work a few weeks ago, cutting and trimming back the bushes and such.

clyde72 said:
Great read, shave, and picture Dave!
Yeah did a little yard work a few weeks ago, cutting and trimming back the bushes and such.

I tell ya, every year I feel it longer afterwards

I have been dreading getting out there and doing it. The biggest problem is that my wife had us so booked solid, I can't just take a day and do it.

I seldom have to worry about my yard work. My aunt retired a few years ago and she likes to feel needed and have something to do so she has been doing all my mowing and spraying for weeds

I hate yard work. It's almost time to turn on the sprinklers I winterized them knowing they need work. Not looking forward to it.

DocHoliday0831 said:
I seldom have to worry about my yard work. My aunt retired a few years ago and she likes to feel needed and have something to do so she has been doing all my mowing and spraying for weeds

Works out well for both of you!

Cvargo said:
I hate yard work. It's almost time to turn on the sprinklers I winterized them knowing they need work. Not looking forward to it.

Just a few more years til your son can take over ;)

I know asking my dad why I had to mow, rake leaves and shovel snow while my sister didn’t, was an ongoing debate. Which I always lost.

Back