The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Dagwoodz said:
Sorry to hear about the lacklustre shave, Dave. But...if that's the low point of the day, it's all good! Hopefully there wasn't too much damage from the flash floods.
Cvargo said:
Not a great shave but hey you're in Hawaii! Oh the island is flooding... Well your not at work lol.

Lol, yep tough to complain. If it stays rainy the back-up plan of a bar looking out to the ocean ain’t that bad.

clyde72 said:
Bummer about the lack lust shave and the weather!

I see blue between the clouds. There could be hope today. Just have to make it through the time-share presentation ;)

2018 shave #94 (DE:14 SE:34 Str:47 Cart:2)

Asylum “The Doctor” RX w/ Feather Proguard (2)
L&L Summer Storm
Plisson L'Occitane synthetic in Shave Revolution 24mm handle
Witch Hazel & alum
Nivea balm
Penhaligon’s Endymion Concentré

Another shave with somewhat sore neck. Not as bad as yesterday. Just going to be slow to heal with RX shaves every day. I haven’t tried this soap I don’t think. It’s not bad. I don’t tend to go for the subtle fresh air scents. They tend to smell like clothes soap to me. This one didn’t however. I wouldn’t rush out to buy it, but won’t hesitate using up the sample I have. Of course, Endymion rocks!

Irritation sucks but shaves with the RX as punishment for being too aggressive doesn’t seem all bad to me for some reason.

Sorry to hear about the irritation, and hopefully the weather breaks for y'all out there!

Tough break on the razor rash. Some Drinks while watching the rain and sea sounds great though!

Nice read and shave in paradise, even when it is not quite up to par, you are in the islands, so hoe bad can it be

Quijote said:
Tough break on the irritation. Hope the weather improves for you.
DocHoliday0831 said:
Irritation sucks but shaves with the RX as punishment for being too aggressive doesn’t seem all bad to me for some reason.
Dagwoodz said:
Sorry to hear about the irritation, and hopefully the weather breaks for y'all out there!
Majorrich said:
Tough break on the razor rash. Some Drinks while watching the rain and sea sounds great though!
Xenostr8shaver said:
Nice read and shave in paradise, even when it is not quite up to par, you are in the islands, so hoe bad can it be

Thank you all. Weather wasn’t rainy yesterday. Hot and muggy so we got out to the town. And when it cooled down a bit we took a long walk along the beach walk. Today we’re hoping for a bit of sun to get into the ocean, but if it doesn’t clear up we’ll head to part of the island we haven’t been to before.

2018 shave #95 (DE:14 SE:35 Str:47 Cart:2)

Asylum “The Doctor” RX w/ Feather Proguard (3)
L&L Trismegistus
Plisson L'Occitane synthetic in Shave Revolution 24mm handle
Witch Hazel & alum
Nivea balm
Missoni

Pretty much the same shave as yesterday. One thought I had was the water temperature. Switching from warm to cold water shaving made a huge difference for me in terms of razor burn. The “cold” water here is room temp, so that could be enough to cause some soreness. Shave itself was a nice little RX BBS with no clean-up needed.

Figured I’d include at least one SOTD pic to show my travel kit.

Nice shave today, Dave. Have to agree with Chad about the look of the picture, especially considering you're on vacation. The bokeh (depth) the photo conveys is awesome!

Maybe their water itself is different and is causing the irritation. Great picture.

Dagwoodz said:
Nice shave today, Dave. Have to agree with Chad about the look of the picture, especially considering you're on vacation. The bokeh (depth) the photo conveys is awesome!

Thanks man!

Quijote said:
Maybe their water itself is different and is causing the irritation. Great picture.

Could be. I thought about that, but it isn’t hard water and the soap is lathering fine. C’est la vie.

Good couple of shaves Dave, minus the irritation.

If the water isn't cold enough make a trip to the ice machine.

Glad the weather broke for y'all!

clyde72 said:
Good couple of shaves Dave, minus the irritation.

If the water isn't cold enough make a trip to the ice machine.

Glad the weather broke for y'all!

Yep, worked on the cold water thing with today’s shave.

Back