The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Interesting, I don’t know if I’ve tried others, but I wouldn’t rate Fern Concerto as a weak scent.

Right, exceptions.
1f60e.png

Yesterday’s shave

2018 shave #215 (DE:64 SE:78 Str:74 Cart:2)
Asylum “The Doctor” RX w/ Feather Proguard (2)
RazoRock Synth
Chiseled Face Summer Storm
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea Post Shave Balm

2018 shave #216 (DE:64 SE:79 Str:74 Cart:2)
Asylum “The Doctor” RX w/ Feather Proguard (3)
RazoRock Synth
Chiseled Face Sherlock
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea Post Shave Balm

Gotten better shaves last two days. It’s funny, I think the first times I smelled Summer Storm and Sherlock I didn’t care for either. Somehow they are growing on me. The Sherlock more than Summer. We’re in Seattle now and my lather was a little more airy than usual. Not sure if it’s a water issue or just standard process variation.

I’ve been staying caught up on the journals, just not a lot of time for replying.

Dave I am all caught up. Glad you are feeling better, and enjoy your vacation. Also thanks for sticking up for the patients. As someone who is not in the medical field and only a customer. It is always constant happiness or frustrations usually with staff. Very rarely do I find inbetween.

....my lather was a little more airy than usual. Not sure if it’s a water issue....

My bet is that it's a water issue. I'm tellin' ya, water types make a difference. Folks laugh at me all the time about my "water theory", but crisscrossing the country, I stick by it.

Glad you made it to Seattle safely and out of this CA fire crap.

Hope the shaves improve for you!

Nice shave Dave and hope you're having a good time. I definitely lean to Sherlock before Summer Storm also but don't feel Summer Storm is a bad scent like Chad does. It will take a few uses for it to grow on me but I don't hate it. GTB and Sherlock are my favorites from them at the moment. Cheers

Sounds like a solid shave despite the airy lather.
Glad you made it to Seattle safely and out of this CA fire crap.

Hope the shaves improve for you!
Dave I am all caught up. Glad you are feeling better, and enjoy your vacation. Also thanks for sticking up for the patients. As someone who is not in the medical field and only a customer. It is always constant happiness or frustrations usually with staff. Very rarely do I find inbetween.
Nice couple of shave Dave!

Sans the airy lather.
Thank you gentlemen

My bet is that it's a water issue. I'm tellin' ya, water types make a difference. Folks laugh at me all the time about my "water theory", but crisscrossing the country, I stick by it.
I don’t know how water couldn’t be a variable in lather. I remember taking showers in Wisconsin as a kid and my dad explaining to me why the water caused there to be no suds from the soap.

Nice shave Dave and hope you're having a good time. I definitely lean to Sherlock before Summer Storm also but don't feel Summer Storm is a bad scent like Chad does. It will take a few uses for it to grow on me but I don't hate it. GTB and Sherlock are my favorites from them at the moment. Cheers
This is the only thing I don’t like about soap pass arounds. If you only get a week to decide about 100+ soaps, most of them you have to evaluate from the container. And there are plenty of soaps I’ve used that first wiff or even first use didn’t impress.

So true. Same can be said for razors, so take your time and enough shaves with the Timeless to make an informed decision for you ?

So true. Same can be said for razors, so take your time and enough shaves with the Timeless to make an informed decision for you
1f44d.png
Good point. I’ve been paying more attention to how it feels to shave with the RX to relate the two. Even though the RX is my favorite, there are many times the aggressiveness is on the edge, but I use it for the results.

Good point. I’ve been paying more attention to how it feels to shave with the RX to relate the two. Even though the RX is my favorite, there are many times the aggressiveness is on the edge, but I use it for the results.
You describe very well what the Timeless is for me. Karve and Rockwell 6s are more mindless but unlike KJ, I get extra good results from thoughtful shaves with the Timeless.

2018 shave #217 & 218 (DE:64 SE:80 & 81 Str:74 Cart:2)
Asylum “The Doctor” RX w/ Feather Proguard (4&5)
RazoRock Synth
Chiseled Face Sherlock & L&L Trismegistus
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea Post Shave Balm

Last two shaves. Nothing chages his week other than the soaps. Been feeling a little raw on the neck at the end of the shaves, but no alum burn. Just need a little break from the RX I think.

Busy day yesterday. Chihuly’s Museum, Starbucks Roastery where they roast their reserve coffees and have some other fancy stuff, then Archie McPhee and an outdoor mall. Pretty good trip overall. The usual wanting to see a lot when we’re out so getting home with tired kids and sore feet. At home it’s been mid-60s at home so the 90s here are a bit warm. No too bad, but enough to wish the house we’re renting has A/C. Today the main schedule is an underground Seattle tour and hooking up with a friend from high school for dinner and to meet his family.

I’ve never been in the underground tour yet! Hope it’s fun!

90s in Seattle though? That’s rough! Not much in the way of breezes off the Sound?

Back