The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Hey guys. One nap in and trying to stay awake through Ready Player One.

My wife got a 2015 BMW 3 series. It’s her 3rd one. Tried to get her to look at a few other things, but she knows what she likes.

2018 shave #208 (DE:60 SE:76 Str:74 Cart:2)
iKon X3 slant w/ Israeli Personna (2)
Sapone Di Paolo Arancione (organic sweet orange)
RazoRock synth
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea Post Shave balm

Okay, I’m not sure what “organic” smells like, but I can tell you that this soaps smells like an orange. A nice sweet juicy orange. Not orange leaf, orange orchard, orange peel, orange candy, but nice fresh citrus orange. I like it. The X3 shaved better than yesterday without being harsh on the 3rd pass. Quick little shave with a little clean up ending in DFS+.

2018 shave #209 (DE:61 SE:76 Str:74 Cart:2)
iKon X3 slant w/ Israeli Personna (3)
PannaCrema Nuavia Rossa
Custom Hazel & Alum
Nivea Post Shave balm
Missoni

Nothing special with today's shave. Just some really lovely soap. Top notch in both performance and scent. Got another good shave with the iKon. Skipped the clean-up and dried down to a DFS+. First day in the office since all this started 2 weeks ago. Took my pain meds once I got here, and can confirm that work is nicer on narcotics.

I've said it before...but if they ever made an aftershave or an EdT, EdP or Cologne of that PannaCrema Nuavia Rossa scent...I would buy it by the drum!

Glad you're getting back to routines
My vote for quote of the day "Took my pain meds once I got here, and can confirm that work is nicer on narcotics. "

Very nice photo Dave and great shave. Glad to see you get back to the office all this time off you almost need a vacay to recover from not going to the office.

Glad you're getting back to routines
My vote for quote of the day "Took my pain meds once I got here, and can confirm that work is nicer on narcotics. "
Good to know that they allow nurses to work while on narcotics..... that's not frightening at all!

2018 shave #210 (DE:62 SE:76 Str:74 Cart:2)
Parker 76R w/ Feather (1)
PdP 63
Custom Hazel & Alum
Nivea Post Shave balm
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Well, KJ's PdP 63 made me jealous so I needed to pull it out. I've finally used it enough to pretty much wear down the 63 now. Also in honor of KJ, you need to load this thing while you're holding it in your hand, so lather gets everywhere! Anyway, great shave. The ole 76R still provides me the best DE shave of anything I have so far. Dried down to a nice BBS. And maybe there are better matches for scent, but I haven't used the Opus 1870 for a long time.

I'm trying to turn down my ticked off meter at work. I got put on a project where some of the key players aren't putting the patients first in their decisions and it's really p***ing me off. I was able to stop myself from scheduling a meeting with the top physician of the hospital, and start a few rungs down. But there is nothing that makes me see red more than when I see patients not coming first in this industry.

Back