The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Tues:

2216 days of consecutive shaving - 1000 open-blade
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (4)
CBL Drinks and Daves
Maggard synth
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
CBL Drinks and Daves AS
Floris Islay

IMG_9656.jpeg

2218 days of consecutive shaving - 1000 open-blade
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Speik shave stick
Maggard synth
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Endymion

Listen here @heysi, if @GearNoir can get away with this no deets crap, then so can I! :ROFLMAO:

I miss @woodpusher. I've been using the same razor all week. Wearing the same watch all week. And until his return or at least tomorrow, I will continue to do so to carry on his legacy of mediocrity. Or, I've just been lazy. Take your pick. Also, and to add, I got into playing stocks a while ago and this week had some stuff brewing premarket and wanted to get to work extra early. So been using the shave stick which cuts down on a couple of steps in the shave process.

I feel bad for @BarberDave for getting COVID, but I did warn him that cutting back on scotch the way he did wasn't a good move. Good lesson for everyone, remember to sanitize your insides. That's where the virus will actually get you sick.

Also, those of you who closely follow my journal may recall I became a Make-a-Wish volunteer a while ago. I did my "observation" of one interview and then a while later signed up for a wish as a full-on volunteer. We always send two volunteers out and usually an observer. Called the family to set-up the interview and they were out of the country for a few months. They are back now, but the other volunteer is gone for weeks. Since there has been a long delay already, the office said to go ahead without the other volunteer since I have an observer (two people for safety). So this Saturday I'll be out on my first wish with someone else who has never even seen one. Fake confidence here we come!

Back