The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

It was a blast. Tell Panteha that her uber service is 11/10. (we all know she's the owner....you just do the drive-y drive-y part). Until the next time.....

2236 days of consecutive shaving - 1012 open-blade
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
Oaken Lab Far Afield
Maggard synth
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Nameless by Mark Buxton

Good Cobb salad week so far. My favorite one yesterday, and my second favorite one today. Although, if you listen to B Dave, it's likely this one could be coming back up on our show tonight.

IMG_9832.jpeg

2237 days of consecutive shaving - 1012 open-blade
Hone w/ Israeli Personna (2)
Wholly Kaw Pasteur's Alchemy
Sorrentino Oregon State
Thayers Lemon
Alexander Sweet Smoke

This week turns out will be a perfect game in terms of free lunch. Today was no Cobb salad, but a place that's reopened since shutting down from the pandemic with awesome cookies. Tomorrow we are having a survey of our stroke program, so that will be free lunch for the command center. And then Friday I'm going to a regional meeting which will score free breakfast and lunch. I'll likely have to feed myself over the weekend though.

I forgot how heavy this razor is. I think @GearNoir needs to get one so he can keep up his work outs when he’s used up all his OT workouts for the month.

IMG_9837.jpeg

Thursday:

2238 days of consecutive shaving - 1012 open-blade
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto
Sorrentino Seafoam
Thayers Lemon
Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto AS

IMG_9853.jpeg

Friday:

2239 days of consecutive shaving - 1012 open-blade
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Macduffs Soap Company Crowsnest Pass
Blue honeycomb
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's Endymion

IMG_9856.jpeg

Sat:

2240 days of consecutive shaving - 1012 open-blade
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Strop Shoppe Russian Tea
Stirling synth
Thayers Lemon
Demeter Earl Grey Tea

IMG_9860.jpeg

Sun:

2241 days of consecutive shaving - 1013 open-blade
Kamisori w/ Feather Proguard (5)
CBL Cigar Shop Cowboy
Maggard synth
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

IMG_9862.jpeg

2242 days of consecutive shaving - 1014 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (1)
CBL Bespoke
AP Silk Smoke
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Mandoarino di Amalfi

Whew, busy week last week. This one should be more chill, but less free lunch. So trade-offs.

IMG_9868.jpeg

2242 days of consecutive shaving - 1014 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (1)
CBL Bespoke
AP Silk Smoke
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Mandoarino di Amalfi

Whew, busy week last week. This one should be more chill, but less free lunch. So trade-offs.

View attachment 136075
Oh God, only four hours to shop on Amazon or for watches or for scotch or for cigars, dear Lord what are you going to do?

Tues:

2243 days of consecutive shaving - 1015 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
CBL Drinks & Daves
RazoRock synth
Thayers Lemon
CBL Drinks & Daves AS
Floris Islay

IMG_9877.jpeg

Wed:

2244 days of consecutive shaving - 1015 open-blade
The Holy Black SR-71 slant w/ Wizamet (2)
Los Jabones de Joserra Charmer
Chisel and Hound
Thayers Lemon
Hermetico Source 1

IMG_9881.jpeg

2245 days of consecutive shaving - 1015 open-blade
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
Big Blue
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling

So after my last open blade shave I felt like I needed some face healing so I decided to go with a DE shave yesterday. I don't know why I thought the slant would be a good choice for a mild shave to give my skin a rest, but it wasn't. The alum lit me up but good. So I played it safe today and went with the best razor in the world. Got the stitches out of my back yesterday. That was good times with comments from the nurse such as "Wow, those are deep", "Hmmm, that one seems to be stuck on something else", and "He used pretty thick sutures". I bummed a Tylenol off a staff member after that adventure. The year sure is flying by. We're down to a week before we're off to D.C. to meet up with my parents for about a week.

IMG_9887.jpeg

2245 days of consecutive shaving - 1015 open-blade
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
Big Blue
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling

So after my last open blade shave I felt like I needed some face healing so I decided to go with a DE shave yesterday. I don't know why I thought the slant would be a good choice for a mild shave to give my skin a rest, but it wasn't. The alum lit me up but good. So I played it safe today and went with the best razor in the world. Got the stitches out of my back yesterday. That was good times with comments from the nurse such as "Wow, those are deep", "Hmmm, that one seems to be stuck on something else", and "He used pretty thick sutures". I bummed a Tylenol off a staff member after that adventure. The year sure is flying by. We're down to a week before we're off to D.C. to meet up with my parents for about a week.

View attachment 136186
Sorry , I seem to have missed something , stitches ? Hope you're doing well.

Back