The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2134 days of consecutive shaving - 953 open-blade
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Central Texas Soaps Weekend Rodeo
Graydog Quilt
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Noir de Noir

Hey, Bruce, all caught up! Whew! This weekend was a mixture of catching some sun on the deck and tons of errands because this is graduation week and my parents show up tomorrow. Decorations bought, a cake for my mom's birthday and one for graduation ordered. Our room cleaned to hand over to the parents. And on and on. The youngest got into a fender bender at the end of last week which was actually 100% the other person's fault, but we still have to deal with it of course. And we had a potluck at work today for a birthday celebration, but half our staff wasn't here. There's going to be good eating for the rest of the week now.

IMG_7593.jpeg

Wednesday:

2135 days of consecutive shaving - 954 open-blade
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
CBL Oud Minerale
Stirling synth
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

IMG_7600.jpeg

Sunday:

2138 days of consecutive shaving - 954 open-blade
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
Blue Honeycomb
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon’s Juniper Sling

IMG_7728.jpeg

2139 days of consecutive shaving - 955 open-blade
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Crowne and Crane Cabana
Maggard synth
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon’s Sartorial

Finally caught up. Busy times around the house. Graduation was good. A little warm to be sitting outside for hours, but could have been worse. Nice dinner out with both sides of the family afterwards. Now the slow transition of my daughter moving out sometime this summer. The whole family likes the ribs my parents make so they brought down the seasoning they use and we had a feast of ribs, grilled corn, and baked potatoes last night. Apologies to KJ and the entire bingo community for being tardy, but there is finally a new game posted for sign ups.

IMG_7734.jpeg

2140 days of consecutive shaving - 956 open-blade
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Leftovers
Maggard synth
Thayers Lemon
Nameless by Marc Buxton

Had plenty of soap build up in the bottom of the bowl so I decided to just use some for today. Dropped my parents off at the airport this morning and now just back to the grindstone. #lame

2142 days of consecutive shaving - 957 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
CBL Smoulder
Graydog Education History
Thayers Lemon
Alexandria Sweet Smoke

Anyone know anything about Graydog? He popped in, made a ton of brushes to give away, and disappeared.

IMG_7781.jpeg

2143 days of consecutive shaving - 957 open-blade
Blackland Vector w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Russian cream
Stirling synth
Thayers Lemon

Today I had to drop my daughter off at school at 6:30 for senior night. They drive down to Universal Studios and stay in the park until 2am. Then get back on the bus and wait until the driver finishes their rest time at 4am and then drive back. Sounds like a horrendous time to me, but what evs. The youngest performed two songs at the community celebration to the high school graduating class in the park last night. She did really well. But everyone knew the whole thing was for the major to capitalize on the graduating twins that were just on The Voice. But for now excuse me, my Cobb salad just showed up.

IMG_7801.jpeg

Back