The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Bummer about the irritation and less than stellar scenting.

You’re riding the cap on the Schone? The Fatip is quite aggressive for me too. Fun to pull out once in a while, or to mow several day’s growth, but I would not be able to use it daily without having my skin suffer.
Ya, there is actually is a pretty narrow angle window for this one. That's ok, I hear there are plenty of other razors out there.

Sorry the A&E Uno didn't work out for you. I'm with you though...not much of a barber shop kind of guy. I'm sure you will find a good home for it.

2018 shave #203 (DE:56 SE:75 Str:74 Cart:2)
Merkur 38c w/ Feather (1)
A&E L'Orange Verte
Custom synth
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea Post Shave balm
CO Bigelow Mandarin Oak

The good new is, if you think you would like Uno, you would probably like L'Orange Verte. I would call this an orange barbershop. There is a powdery perfume base scent to this. Bummer for me, 1/3 now in my blind buys.

Dang! That sucks! Oh well...I'm sure someone out there will want to trade you for something you do or will like.

How are you feeling today?

Dang! That sucks! Oh well...I'm sure someone out there will want to trade you for something you do or will like.

How are you feeling today?
Well, I was feeling no pain, so I went to work. Then the pain hit out of nowhere and I was right back home. After the pills kicked in there has been no pain. So that's a total relief, but I feel like I really can't get involved in too much because it could hit at any time.

I remember my kidney stone taking some time to heal. It wasn't the passing itself...to be honest that part was unremarkable. But I was really sore for about 10 days. Your condition seems to be worse than what mine was .thinking of you and hope and pray for a quick recovery.

I remember my kidney stone taking some time to heal. It wasn't the passing itself...to be honest that part was unremarkable. But I was really sore for about 10 days. Your condition seems to be worse than what mine was .thinking of you and hope and pray for a quick recovery.
Thank you Don. I'm keeping my head in the sand about what's to come next. I hear I made it through the worst part, then that the worst past is having the stents in place, then that the worst part is getting the stents removed. So I can only hope I don't keep thinking whatever it happening at that moment is the worst part.

2018 shave #204 (DE:57 SE:75 Str:74 Cart:2)
Merkur 38c w/ Feather (2)
A&E St Barts
Custom synth
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea Post Shave balm
Tommy Bahama St Kitts

Last new soap of the A&E mail call. I'll say that Josh hit this on the head when he said that all the notes mix well. From the tub and lathering, the first note I got was coconut. Which made me a little hesitant since I don't like the smell of coconut in anything other than an actual coconut. But very quickly it blended with other scents. And really, it does smell like the swirling scents of a beach vacation. So I could choose to concentrate on the coconut or think of other notes such as sun screen, ocean and tropical drinks. Follow this with the St Kitts and I'm ready to book a cruise!

Back at home, there has been no pain since yesterday. Just
had a CT to see if the stone has moved to a place I get to cancel tomorrow's procedure, or it just moved to a place that doesn't hurt right now. Just waiting to find out my fate.

This is the A&E soap I purchased also. It is definitely the most sophisticated "beach" sented soap I have sniffed! Did you get the aftershave with it?

Hope the results of the scan come back with good news!

Good stuff Dave! Glad you didn’t strike out on this one.

Hope you get the news you wanted!

Well, guess the stone is just hiding out in a spot that doesn't cause pain right now. Still showing on the CT so I'll be going tomorrow to have sharks with laser beams take care of it.

Praying it goes smoothly!

Maybe make tomorrow a Veg day since everyone will be forced to endure? ?

This should do the trick...

Good luck tomorrow...and I hope they get it the first time around!

Good Luck! Sharks with Lasers, funny stuff.

St Bart’s is one I’m considering. The scent sounded good on their site, but as soon as someone says sun lotion, I’m out. Is that what it smells like?

Back