The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Sorry to hear about the drama and stress. Hopefully things settle down soon. Nice to have the Nuavia Red to help.

Sorry to hear about the additional stressors that are going on. Hopefully things calm down for you sooner than later. At least the shave was great!

Sorry to hear about the additional stressors that are going on. Hopefully things calm down for you sooner than later. At least the shave was great!
I don't deal with stress well and hope you get some relief Dave. Nice shave
Thank you guys. And I thank brother TJ who I was able to call and talk through a few things.

Now the dangerous part is, I'm setting in front of my computer at work all day and feeling the need for some retail therapy.

No shave today...

What??? Ya, I was being super lazy and planning on playing hooky from work. Then working out logistics, realized it would be better to take a day off next week when my daughter will be home alone rather than today. I didn't want to burn 16hrs of PTO. I have plenty, but I'm a PTO hoarder. I needed to rush through a shower to get to work just an hour late.

So I'm sitting here with no special scent and moisturizer on and it's bugging me. This hobby has turned me high maintenance. Luckily yesterday's shave was #197 and today is day #197 of the year. I had an extra shave in the bank so I'm still on track for 365 shaves if I don't get one in tonight.

Glad you were able to talk some things out!

Hang tough. Get that shave in this evening and enjoy!

No shave today...

What??? Ya, I was being super lazy and planning on playing hooky from work. Then working out logistics, realized it would be better to take a day off next week when my daughter will be home alone rather than today. I didn't want to burn 16hrs of PTO. I have plenty, but I'm a PTO hoarder. I needed to rush through a shower to get to work just an hour late.

So I'm sitting here with no special scent and moisturizer on and it's bugging me. This hobby has turned me high maintenance. Luckily yesterday's shave was #197 and today is day #197 of the year. I had an extra shave in the bank so I'm still on track for 365 shaves if I don't get one in tonight.

Glad a talk helped. Sounds like you need to get some stuff (retail therapy) for keeping at work.

Thank you guys. And I thank brother TJ who I was able to call and talk through a few things.

Now the dangerous part is, I'm setting in front of my computer at work all day and feeling the need for some retail therapy.

Did someone say... dangerous? ?

Did someone say... dangerous?
1f608.png
And it was, $100 to my friends at A&E

2018 shave #198 (DE:51 SE:75 Str:74 Cart:2)
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Proguard (6)
Storybook Soapworks Elysium
RazoRock synth
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea Post Shave balm
Missoni

Well, I didn’t get to make up my shave yesterday and I was fairly distracted for today’s shave. I explain after the shave. Have a few new soaps to work through. This one I bought mostly because I enjoy everything else I have from Storybook. I was actually a little hesitant because lavender was one of the main scent notes and I don’t really enjoy lavender, but that’s usually because lavender products are INTENSE lavender. As I was hoping, Storybook nicely blends their scent notes, and there is lavender in there but it doesn’t offend. I get equal levels of lavender and mint. One other characteristic that helps is the SOS. I would say it’s only 3/5. Normally I like a nice strong scent, but with the mint and lavender, I think the lower scent strength helps it not be overbearing. At least for me.

Decent shave over all. Nice cushion and slickness as is expected. I did get a line of weepers right over the Adam’s apple. Chalk that up to me just not thinking. They all closed up by the end of the shave. I’m also feeling this blade might be getting worn a little early.

Just after dinner last nig
ht, I started to experience what would end up being the worst pain I’ve ever had in my life. I’ll leave out all the details. But after a stubborn delay in having my wife take me to the hospital, I spent the night in the ED experiencing my first kidney stone. Sweet mother of whoever, that was hours of some pretty intense stuff. Talked to a urologist today and normally they would just wait and see if things resolve themselves, but since we’re going on a trip in the beginning of Aug, and there is a chance the pain could come back just as strong, we’re going to explore some more aggressive options. All I know is comparing this to child birth, at least there’s a gap between contractions!

I feel for you Dave! Kidney stones are no joke. I had one almost 20 years ago and when it happened I had no idea what it was. I really thought I was going to die! All my family at the time was out of town and for some reason my friends were not available. I pulled out my life insurance policy, placed it on the table, and drove myself to the emergency room. I waited to be seen for three hours acnd was puking my guts up. Yup...it was a kidney stone. If any of you gents have not had one...pray you don't. They are not fun!

Praying for you Dave!

Ouch! Sorry Dave, I can’t imagine. Hope it get resolved quickly and painlessly.

Dang Dave! What a night! Does that count as a Murphy visit?

Hope you’re doing better today!

Back