The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

I’m the same way…especially on weekends. Get all the things done and out of the way, then I have the Witte time remaining to chill. If I string it out a little here a little there, I usually feel cheated on chill time.

1721 days of consecutive shaving - 727 open-blade shaves
Blackland Vector w/ Schick Proline (5)
Gold Strike Shave Fireside Chat
Blue Honeycomb
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

After too much thought with the shavette, I decided to this razor that any ole brain-dead goober can get a BBS shave with. Right, Dave? And I smell like a million bingo calls. If I had to pick a top 5 scents, this would always be on it and if I had to pick just one to use forever it would be in the running. Hey bingo nerds, did I tell you about Tom Mix and me going hiking? We rounding this corner, we were just chatting away and it wasn't until we were just inches away from it that something moved in the middle of the trail. Tom shouted, "Snakes Alive!" like I wasn't going to notice it with him jumping like 13 feet in the air. Anyway, I thought it was funny since he screamed like a little girl over some little garter snake. I figure some of you guys might know him. But that was the end of our hike even though we were only Halfway There.

I declare the caller in violation of the basic rules of bingo.........I don't believe he's making any calls at all. He's just being ridiculous and making us Google random nonsense. His cigars may be laced with some magical leaf found on the streets of San Francisco.

I'll bet that comes from working the ER, the notion that if we are absolutely ready we can handle anything that rolls through the door. I used to do that in the ICU.

1722 days of consecutive shaving - 727 open-blade shaves
Blackland Vector w/ Schick Proline (6)
Lakewood Beale Street
Big Green
Le Labo AS balm
Le Labo Patchouli 24

Can you smell what The Rock is...I mean feel the shave that the nurse is doing. Or has done. I guess. I'm just sayin' I'm super smooth and the dolphins are screamin'. Like buttah. Like glass. Pro-level master stuff.

Apparently, in the basketball world, we're getting towards the end of the season. Our company is a major sponsor of the Warriors and also the official medical care provider to the team. In fact, we saw there is a wing in one of the clinic buildings set aside for them. Anyway, we're being asked to sport our Warrior wear tomorrow so should be fairly festive around the hospital. Goooooooo sports ball!

You might have seen in the what are you anxious to get thread, I have a watch on the way. It's currently on its way to a verification house, so won't be an immediate trip to me, but I'm all giddy
thinking about it. Gives me time to tell the wife....

Maybe for our CEO, not for anyone I've heard of. They do release free tickets sometimes. We went a couple of times but they are literally the last row in the arena so you might as well watch on TV.

1723 days of consecutive shaving - 728 open-blade shaves
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
PdP 63
Muhle Rocca
Mark Buxton Nameless

Another lovely shave. Why do I not have the matching scent for this soap? I dunno. I've been bugging my wife from time to time about going to Vegas. We used to go once a year but it's been a long time since we've been there. Yesterday she told me that we could go if I took her to see Adele. Duh, I looked into that when Adele first announced she was going to go there. $$$ Apparently, Adele announced an extension to her residency there so my wife looked again. Apparently, it's another one of those things where resellers grabbed up all the tickets and now you can only get them at a marked-up price. #sadface

Saturday:

1724 days of consecutive shaving - 729 open-blade shaves
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Paladin Silk Road
Paladin Honey Oscar Noir
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Sunday:

1725 days of consecutive shaving - 729 open-blade shaves
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (1)
The Club Wake the F' Up