The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

They ended the mask mandate this week at the hospital my wife works at too.

Many individual practitioners still adorn themselves with N95 and request patients to mask up as a courtesy, for which I gladly comply by courtesy.

I just hope my employer does not make us start attending our ISO required training meetings in person again. I just don’t want to be forced to sit in a room with a huge group of people with such a potential to be carrying and sharing their filthy and wicked pathogens…not to mention the droning boredom of which is easily avoided by the separations.

Being a person that lived 30 miles from Disneyland for the first 35 years of my life, I know that park like the back of my hand and can get through an entire day without waiting in much of a line or being confused as to where I am in the park at any given moment.....but Disney World is a mess. Where I'm used to there being a building...there was a water feature. And nothing flows well. It's like all they learned in Anaheim was thrown out the window to celebrate the extra space they now failed to utilize. As you said, we can say we've been there. Epcot was at least interesting and Animal Kingdom was different but the Magic Kingdom gets a zero in my book. Talk about your missed opportunity.

Now, Kennedy Space Center........that's where I want to go back to next time I visit that area.

Yes, we went there after the first cruise my wife and I did. Would like to go back because they hadn't opened their space shuttle exhibit yet.

Wednesday:

1714 days of consecutive shaving - 722 open-blade shaves
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
Highland Springs Soap Company Forge
TSC Legacy
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Histoires de Parfums 1899

1715 days of consecutive shaving - 722 open-blade shaves
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
RazoRock Plague Doctor
Oz Purple
Yardley Equity talc
Penhaligon's Bayolea EdT

Spent a couple of days shaving with the 6S because on Tuesday I got a little exfoliation one might say for not giving the RX the attention it requires. I should be back to professional level shaves tomorrow. I told ya'll about the end of required masks here. Now the next change is bringing our staff back full-time. We've been allowing a couple of work from home days since COVID, but now it's time to get back to normal. I think most of the staff will understand and take it in stride, but it may cause some ruffled feathers with others. It's been a long time since I've been able to work on my deck with a cigar, so fair is fair.

I had 2 hours off to go get tested on one of the first days of the pandemic. No at home work for me. Such is the world of working at a Defense Contractor.

Welcome to the ranks of the unmasked. 🙂 You won't recognize people you used to know because you now see their whole face again.

There haven't been masks in use down here in AL for a good long while now. To see one out in public is the odd exception now, still some in use medically. What I like about the south is that people leave people alone. If you want to wear a mask, nobody hassles you and if you don't want to wear one nobody hassles you. People get along better that way, masked and unmasked all polite to one another. When I lived in NY, it wasn't that way and there was always conflict.

At any rate, hope you enjoy the times you don't have to wear it and that you have the freedom to mask up as you choose when you choose.

1716 days of consecutive shaving - 723 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (6)
A&E St Barts
AP silk smoke knot
A&E St Barts

Friyay! Busy week at work, not only catching up, but some events occurred that take time to deal with. Been on-call this week so looking forward to 8am tomorrow when that ends. Hoping the rains or at least the winds slack so I can enjoy some time outside over the weekend. My daughter has been sick long enough since our return that I got her an appointment today. Turns out there's a cold going around that comes with a helping of delayed pink-eye. Good times. Eye stuff grosses me out, but I'll have to be strong and give her eye drops 4x a day for a while. I have a planning meeting this afternoon for a county-wide disaster drill in a few weeks. It's called Rising Phoenix. I don't know what kind of scenario would trigger a name like that, but I assume it has to do with unearthing some aliens that had been dormant for hundreds of years. I'll let you know.

Sunday:

1718 days of consecutive shaving - 725 open-blade shaves
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
Speick stick
Sorrentino Green Anniversary
Le Labo the Noir 29

1719 days of consecutive shaving - 726 open-blade shaves
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
Central Texas Soap Weekend Rodeo
Graydog Quilt
V's Barbershop Tonic

One more shave to go to get through this blade on the shavette. Yesterday I thought I only had 10min to shave before I had to take a kid to work and rushed things enough I caught a weeper on the cheek. Turned out I actually had 40 minutes, but whatever. Decent shave today. Nice relaxing weekend. Lots of time out on the deck with a look comment from the wife on having 2 cigars on Sunday. Hey, I haven't been having many at all due to the weather. We only have a couple more episodes of Yellowstone before we're all caught up and have to switch to something else to watch. I've heard there are a couple of prequel series related to Yellowstone and also Succession has a new season out I believe.

1720 days of consecutive shaving - 727 open-blade shaves
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
SMG Ragnarok
RazoRock synth
Eye Twenty Five
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

I dunno, I wasn't digging the use of the shavette as I have in the past. Time to get back to the Essence I guess. Work has been pretty busy the last few days. I don't like that. I have a problem with pacing myself. I don't like having things on my to-do list, so I'll work my butt off to have a little downtime instead of taking a better pace and using all the time I have. But then that's how I get to hang out with you guys!

Back