The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

1730 days of consecutive shaving - 731 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
GTB
Blue monster
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
GTB AS
GTB EdP

It's been a different day already. A couple days ago we had an electrician come out to change out some motion sensor lights outside that weren't working. I happened to ask how easy it would be to add a ground to the outlet in the carport. Turns out there was on there, he just had to swap out the outlet and now I can charge my car at home! Not quickly, but enough that I won't have to take it out to charge every weekend. After three flippin' years. I was able to get it from 25% to 43% from when I got home to when I left in the morning. Now we just have to see how much the electric bill goes up. Charging this slowly I have to leave it going all day. When it's connected to 240 you can program it to only charge at night when the cost is cheaper. Another bonus is the batteries are up to temp in the morning so it drives more efficiently.

Then, I get to work and shortly start hearing a dripping in my ceiling. Then a spot appeared in the drop ceiling. I had engineering in my office poking around for over an hour to figure it out and shut the water off. It has something to do with an air valve for the HVAC? The water is getting into where the air is? I still didn't understand why there was water in the system in the first place. Now they get parts and swap it out for an electronic valve or something. So no heat until that happens, but that's fine with me. I have office slippers and sweatshirt I can wear.

As a renter currently, looking into EVs like the Tesla, home charging has been my only real concern. The meager charging my regular or dryer outlets offer would leave me pretty much reliant on the local super charger system. Glad you’ve got yours figured out!

Well, if you can use the drier, that's 240v and much faster. The issue being is that the physical outlet isn't meant for a lot of plugging and unplugging to swap between your car and your drier. You could look into a Y adapter, but you need some way of ensuring that charging and clothes drying don't happen at the same time.

So you fixed one issue and broke another. I think the PG&E guys are in on this one. Or the new TSC tv show, Let's Get Dave, is taping in your area.

Saturday:

1731 days of consecutive shaving - 732 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
A&E St Barts
Blue monster
Tommy Bahama St Barts

Video posted

Sunday:

1732 days of consecutive shaving - 732 open-blade shaves
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Hombres
TSC Legacy
Hombres tonic

If you don't normally watch my videos, check out the one from Sunday. Interview with Mr Barber Dave!

1733 days of consecutive shaving - 733 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Hombres
Stirling synth
Outlaw Blazing Saddles - The bold & sexy scent of the American West

I did a sniff test of my new Outlaw cologne samples last night. Blazing Saddles is actually a great match for Hombres. Just a touch sweeter than Hombres and GTB. I was hopeful when I got in the car and I was engulfed with the scent of, sorry, the sexy scent of the American West. But now that I'm at work, I'm just getting the essence of it and it's mostly gone. This will not do.

Ordered a new grill yesterday. After getting frustrated that nobody seems to ever discount the nicer grills, I took a flier and looked at Costco online. Bingo! I did have to fight the urge to go for the one that had a whole 2nd section to pull out drawers and a total of 8 burners. It took an hour to work through that, but I finally calmed down and just ordered one the same as what we have but slightly larger. Free delivery in a couple of days.

We'll see how my new video series goes, but I have another guest lined up for next week so that's cool!

The interview was informative and fun. You're a natural. Now we need to get you a show on the big networks.

Bummer the cologne didn’t last long…sad story of too many low end companies trying to get their piece of the pie. Of course, if we didn’t have the knowledge we do of higher end designers and niche…we might have never known better!

Great video idea! Let us know when you are going to do these in the future, so we can watch live and join in the comments!

I can do that, the trouble is it's hard to read the comments without my glasses on!

So maybe I take it back. Though the end of the work day, I was getting little whiffs of it here and there. But I couldn't smell anything on my arm. Maybe I didn't put as much there as I thought I did. Trying another one today.

Back