The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

That's what it was when I heard there were 4 of them. It's not that unusual for one to show up to look into something.

1700 days of consecutive shaving - 713 open-blade shaves
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Lakewood Soap Company Prairie Song
RazoRock synth
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

Up and at em. Fighting off allergies or a cold this morning. They both feel the same to me. We're fairly hopeful that if today goes as smoothly as yesterday did the surveyors might not be here a full day tomorrow. Grey and raining out but luckily not the wind so far.

Ok....I see a potential problem.......you're wearing a refined, pleasing scent combination. That may make them want to return to the scene of the Aromatic Fineness. Now if you wore a very unpleasant scent combo......something that made eyes water and gags reflex.....they'd stay away for good. Heck, they might even warn others to avoid the area at all costs.

Thursday:

1701 days of consecutive shaving - 713 open-blade shaves
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (2)
MacDuffs Soap Company Royal Early Grey
Wolf Whiskers
Creed Viking

1702 days of consecutive shaving - 714 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Razor Master Juha
Gray Dog Quilt
Taylor of Old Bond Street Eaton College EdC

Just a few hours left of this work week. The survey went well. We thought we had one finding that would have been very easy to fix, but then the surveyors called back today to say they decided they wouldn't even give us that one. Leadership is pretty happy with that. Raises came out today and I'm pretty happy with that.

1703 days of consecutive shaving - 714 open-blade shaves
The Holy Black SR-71 w/ Wizamet (1)
Talbot Authors Ridge
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Missoni

1704 days of consecutive shaving - 714 open-blade shaves
The Holy Black SR-71 w/ Wizamet (2)
Russian cream
Sorrentino Sea Foam
Hermetico Source 1

I had already packed my super exclusive Turkish shave bowl, so I used what I assume is the best of Russian shave creams. Or it could be soft toothpaste. Who knows. Sitting at the airport now with a delay due to weather in Orlando. Dramamine will be on board.

Sunday:

1711 days of consecutive shaving - 720 open-blade shaves
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Oz Shaving Woodchopper
Paladin Honey Oscar Noir
Scents of Wood

1712 days of consecutive shaving - 721 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Hendrix Classics & Co Empire State of Mind
Green monster
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Dior Sauvage

So in that gap of posts you can just fill that in with Feather SS shaves with various samples. I did one video, but I need to get the time to edit in photos. The cruise was better than I was expecting. I think a lot of complaints of the ship were overblown. There were some oddities in the traffic patterns that could have been done better, but you’re on a ship. Going out of your way can’t be all that far out of the way. Disney World was the thing that was a bit of a disappointment. After only knowing Disneyland, it was very odd to be staying at a Disney hotel, then taking a bus from the hotel to the transit station and then taking a monorail to finally get to the park. I would say 100% if you have smaller kids, Disneyland is MUCH easier to get from hotel to park and to the shopping areas. The Magic Kingdom itself was odd itself. Like stuff just slapped together without rhyme or reason VS Disneyland. But whateves. We can say we’ve been there now. Next, we schedule our excursions in a week for the Iceland cruise!

1713 days of consecutive shaving - 722 open-blade shaves
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver
Wolf Whiskers
Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver AS

We all knew it was coming at some point, but it still feels odd. The mask mandate in the hospital is over. I'll still be wearing one in the hospital proper for a while because there's still a bunch of walking virus bags out there, but not around the offices and cafeteria and such. I guess the last change will need to be not mandating that people stay home if they have COVID? Or at least special testing for it. Treat it like the flu, a cold, or anything else. Basic rule of nobody else wants your cooties so if you're sick at all, stay home. It's a common courtesy that America hasn't seemed to have learned in many areas yet. I know some places have a certain bravado around people showing how dedicated they are by dragging themselves to work when they are sick. That's not bravado, that egotistical and thinking you're more important than all the people you're exposing. Anyway, after this two-year pause, carry on as you were.

Back