The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

1726 days of consecutive shaving - 729 open-blade shaves
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Leftovers
Chisel and Hound
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan

Well, I'm sure Gear has already told you guys it's Monday again. Which is kind of lame. I did have a lovely shave, but then, Monday. Good news is my watch is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Instead of getting home to a tag on the door and then asking them to hold it at a FedEx shop for me to pick up, I've decided to just stay home until it shows up. I've donated enough PTO by being maxed out, that I'm okay with half a day semi-off.

My blood sugar since the cruise has been pissing me off. I had great control on the ship. Lots more food choices there making it easy to choose things lower in carbs. I also realized that I didn't have a problem doing things like ordering a dessert, taking one bite, and leaving the rest. At home, not so much. I'm thinking being much more mobile and walking up and down stairs and all around helped. Since I've been back, I think it's been higher than it ever had been on a somewhat regular basis since I got the sensor. Stuff I would eat before and been okay is shooting me higher than I want to be because my baseline is staying higher. Time for a mind shift and getting out walking during lunch again.

:sick:

That is also the least of your worries, did you get the stuff from Abbot labs about the Li, batt in the sensor can esplode oh what fun, LOL Looks like "most" of the FSL 3's are ok..... maybe

:sick:

I’ve been a snacker lately too. It’s tough when the missus keeps bringing in things I like. 😂

I see Orangetheory in your future Dave!

1728 days of consecutive shaving - 730 open-blade shaves
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Nordic Shaving Company Birch
Graydog Quilt
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Scents of Wood

So yesterday was interesting. To catch everyone up, I had a watch out for delivery which needed a signature. I usually have to take the route of waiting for them to attempt delivery and then hope someone is home the next day or try to get them to hold it for pick-up. I decided this time I was too excited to wait and told my boss I'd be in after I got my package. During a morning meeting, I heard trucks outside and checked to see what was up. Well, during the meeting, the local electric company had several trucks parked in our narrow street and blocked off the street around the blind corner we live on. What??? FedEx is going to take one look at that and leave. So I went and talked to the flagger to let them know to wave down FedEx if they see them and tell them I'm here to sign for my package. Then more trucks showed up making a total of 6 including 2 of those big cherry picker trucks. I couldn't get out of my driveway if I needed to at that point. Told my boss, and she said just don't worry about it and stay home for the day. Deal! So change into shorts, grab a cigar, and work from the deck it was. Yes, FedEx did show up. He said it was his normal route and knew our house was just past the barrier. Anyway, I enjoyed my unofficial day from home.

The tension was palpable as the delivery became imminent......then HUZZAH!!!! Congrats on your successful delivery. And it takes real dedication to arrange to have the Electric company close off the street just so you can stay home and wait for a delivery. You, sir, are next level.

Back