The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

1694 days of consecutive shaving - 710 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Lothur Dave
SV 2.0
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Prorasso Minht and Rosemary talc
Missoni

Wow, I'm really sorry guys. I'm sure a bunch of you are frustrated with how long you had to wait to see what I shaved with. At least now the wait is over. The power came on just minutes after I got home yesterday and I had just enough time before leaving to take my daughter to her drum lessons to place a grocery order for last night. Got home and rolled the huge yard waste bin right into the kitchen to start tossing food. The biggest pain was chipping out the ice dispenser which had turned into a solid block. Well, at least I got a nice hot shower for you guys this morning!

Oh, ours is gas. It just happens to be one of those on-demand jobbies. It's great if you have a few people taking showers at the same time and more right after that. Not so great when you lose power.

We looked into for our other house. I thought I remembered reading some people saying it didn't get hot enough, or it takes a long time to pay off the investment in the unit and plumbing modifications you need. In use, there are really no downsides. Gets plenty hot enough and we've had at least 2 and maybe 3 showers running at the same time. and many one after the other. We do have a large tub under it that collects condensation or something that we have to empty every few months. I'm guessing if it were installed closer to an exterior wall you could just run a pipe out?

Friday:

1695 days of consecutive shaving - 710 open-blade shaves
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (4)
GTB
Sorrentino Sea Foam
GTB AS
GTB EdP

Saturday:

1696 days of consecutive shaving - 710 open-blade shaves
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Hawaiian Shaving Company Kaimu
Paladin Neptune el Dorado

Sunday:
1697 days of consecutive shaving - 711 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
CBL Waston
AP Silk Smoke
Missoni

1698 days of consecutive shaving - 712 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Grooming Dept Elan
Blue Honeycomb
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling

So far so good. I'm hoping we all stay healthy this week so nobody is sick on the trip. Half my staff was out again at various times last week. Some COVID, some not. But junk is going around like wildfire. I was feeling punky Sunday and forced myself to take a nap. All better today. Now, nobody touch me! The state of COVID is still an interesting balance. It does boil my blood when people declare "It's over" or "everything is fine" now. I will say we're getting closer to being like the flu where some folks aren't so sick, some are, but for the most part to be seriously ill usually means there's other stuff already going on or you're older. The trouble is, the flu doesn't spread nearly as easily as COVID still does. And because of that, it's not the same. But it is good we're able to function on a pretty "normal" basis now.

It's only 8 am, and I'm already regretting only doing 2 passes today. I shaved around noon yesterday and had a fraction of the growth I normally do. I know better, but I thought I could get away with 2 passes. This is not the money maker I'm used to at this time in the morning. And hey @GearNoir I think I might try to decide my scent when I pick my soap so I can start including it in the picture. I feel bad if you were to think I do a day without smelling amazing.

1699 days of consecutive shaving - 713 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Beer Soap Brewing Company La Habana
Paladin Brush of Shame
La Labo Tabac 28

Late post because the day went to pot. 4 surveyors representing the feds showed up and said they would be keeping us company for 3 days. Probably going as good as it could but tiring and not the zoned out week I had planned.

Back