The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

1691 days of consecutive shaving - 709 open-blade shaves
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Scheermonnik Soek
Chisel and Hound
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Histoires de Parfums 1899

All caught up to keep Sam in the know. And today I posted my scent for @GearNoir. I also tend to use talcs much more than I post, again because they aren't in the pictures I forget to add them.

COVID keeps coming back around. And it's interesting how it seems different all the time. For a while there we were getting staff with pretty mild symptoms and coming back to work quickly. Now we are seeing folks getting pretty sick and staying out the full 10 days of isolation. I'm still feeling a little off, but since I'm negative it's suck it up and go to work. AND, I have enough catch-up work and meetings that I haven't been able to watch any of my watch repair videos today. I started to look at the tools I need to get. Really are not too many right now, but lordy the cost of watch lubricants is nuts!

1692 days of consecutive shaving - 709 open-blade shaves
Psycho w/ Wizmet (1)
Oleo Soapworks Humanitas
Paladin Pi
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Penhaligon's Baoylea

Wearing Penaligon's like a real man again. I'm realizing that our first vacation is just the week after next. I hear about the weather all across the country and have no idea what's happening in Florida right now. And I'm not going to look! Probably tropical storms and hail at this point.

1693 days of consecutive shaving - 709 open-blade shaves
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizmet (1)
PdP 63
Paladin Honey Oscar Noir
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

So I don't know why one wouldn't sleep well because the power is out. I think I kept waking up just to hear if it was on. A little sink shower this morning and shave on video. Power should be back on today they say, so should be soon enough to save the food in the freezer, but not the fridge. Today is a bright sunny day by contrast with no rains until the weekend they say.

Video posted.

That sucks, but you can always take advantage of the downtime to scrub out the fridge. Shame to lose that food. We lost power for 3 or 4 days, forget which, and lost the fridge and freezers too.

Back