The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

I brought it up ONCE ya bonehead and I have a link to a complete set of tools inlcuding a watch bench..... You may have to sell the Tesla though, LOL

Get on it - I have a bunch of watches I haven’t bought that I want to acquire just to send to you so you can do YouTube videos of taking them apart and putting them back together and somehow having left over pieces but the watch still “works”

You know that your memory is as bad as mine. You've asked if it came from you at least 4-5 times. I worry about you with sharp instruments some days.

1685 days of consecutive shaving - 705 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Stirling Texas on Fire
Maggard synth
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Stirling Texas on Fire AS

Been chilly around these parts, for what these parts are used to. So pulled out a little used scent for the cold weather. Decided to end with the AS and nothing more so I wouldn't overpower everyone. @Fenster would be happy to know I've started watching my watch repair classes. So far it's just want you need to buy and set-up to get started. I already realized I shouldn't have gotten an inexpensive set of screw drivers. I'll be replacing at least the two smallest ones with better ones. Also need hand and cannon pinion removal tools. I'm resisting the urge to drive 45min to our closest Harbor Freight to pick up a wooden tool chest to house my watch tools.

I was sitting here wondering what that sense of anxiety I could feel coming from the north westerly direction.....now I know that its Dave's resolve. I'm typing this and realizing that Dave is on the internet......right now......looking at everything he needs to repair watches. And I'm not thinking its going to end well. The Amazon guy is going to be very confused...."this box isn't full of scotch, razors, soaps, brushes, aftershaves, cigars, or tea sets.....did Dave move?"

1686 days of consecutive shaving - 706 open-blade shaves
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
CBL Barber's Chair
Chisel and Hound 26mm
Cuba Gold EdT

Lord Sprecher has won bingo and will be leading the whole cadre in a magnificent game in the near future. There is nary much better reason to rejoice more than this!

Thursday:

1687 days of consecutive shaving - 706 open-blade shaves
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
Strop Shoppe Teak Wood
RazoRock synth
Penhaligon’s Racquets

Back